Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Restoration news from InfoAge.

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 4, 2008
      > I have 1-2 DEC monitors from workstations
      > (perhaps a microvax: I'll know only when they're pulled from the wayBack
      > of my storage unit).

      It is always useful to look up the scan frequencies, etc for a fixed monitor
      on a place like http://www.MonitorWorld.com/ first. DEC made (resold)
      maybe 5 or more different Incompatible monitor types.

      > If you really need more {vt220s}, I can check with a friend who used a
      > dozen or 2 as a portable email system.

      I might even put up a few bucks for one if he won't outright donate one.

      > Was it originally a multi-BNC connector to a fixed freq monitor?

      DEC video, when not BNC or 3w3 tends to be 2-row D-shell 15 pin,
      (VGA is 3-row) IE custom. DEC tends to label these cables with names like
      BC23K

      John A.
    • John Allain
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 18, 2008
        > Googling around I cannot find the GiGi/VK100 output frequencies.
        > Is it switchable or only one fixed frequency?

        Probably NTSC component.
        Like {old} TV, but without the RF modulator stage.

        > I have a lovely Sony NWP-516 monitor that's 3-BNC input
        > but the specs seem to be 1280 x 1024, 63.38 kHz/60Hz.
        > It's free for MARCH purposes!

        Getting the specs together is Very useful, thanks, but
        No space for it at the moment.
        That'll work with later DECstations and Alphas, which
        MARCH may not have, pending check of Grabbe
        collection.

        John A.