Re: [midatlanticretro] swap shop/area?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      Speaking for Evan - I don't think that this is realistic because no one is
      there full time from MARCH. We have had similar discussions in the past.

      We're not going to discard anything yet, we don't have permission.

      Thanks for your ideas.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
        Possible, maybe. The other buildings won't be available (to us) for at
        least a couple of years.

        So, please ask again in 2010. :)

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2008
          Jeff, Bill and all,

          Someday I would love to see us take on a recycling project like this:
          1. as a service to the community
          2. as a source for continual good publicity for MARCH and InfoAge
          3. and as a potential source of collectible items for members or even for the museum.
          Bill is absolutely right that at this point in time, we do not have the volunteers or the space to take this on. Someday that may change and we should revisit such a long-term project when our resources improve.

          Jim

          Speaking for Evan - I don't think that this is realistic because no one is
          there full time from MARCH.  We have had similar discussions in the past.

          We're not going to discard anything yet, we don't have permission.

          Thanks for your ideas.

          Bill

          At 11:38 AM 4/4/2008 +0000, you wrote:
          >The Liberty Science Center (LSC) swap shop seems limited to small
          >appliances (if it's even running anymore)
          >http://stfdigcreektribe.homestead.com/files/htm/liberty02.html
          >
          >Once the other buildings are available, would it be possible for us to
          >become a nexus of Freecycle for computer parts?
          >
          >Since gold salvaging is so dangerous, perhaps we can gather enough
          >parts to meet a minimum-content for a metals
          recycler to handle the
          >stuff that we'd otherwise just discard?
          >
          >-- Jeffrey Jonas

          <*> Your email settings: