RAD brand 3270 and SNA connectivity doodads? v.35 too

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3 10:58 AM
      I just found a box of "RAD data communications ltd" coax connectors
      for IBM 3270 connectivity (coax to twisted pair, splitters, dual coax
      to twisted pair balun). Any takers?

      Misco #0024, 0025, 0026, 0035, 0078, 0079, 0080
      (ooooh, expensive!)

      And 4: Misco #0019
      RAD MME/V.35 synchronous modem eliminators
      (fancy null modems)

      -- Jeff Jonas
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 5:05 AM
        Jeff (and those offering to donate items),
        Thanks for your offers. Anyone can list their vintage hardware and
        software items on marchclub.org/inventory/ program, which is our group
        inventory system. You'll see how to add them, and you can indicate whether
        they're for sale/donation or just part of your collection. This approach
        is better than emailing your lists to the group because emails get
        lost. Once you add to the inventory people can search it, send inquiries, etc.

        http://midatlanticretro.org/inventory/ Each time an item is added I get a
        tickler message and can therefore know what has been added.

        As you saw for yourself last weekend, we don't have space for anything
        except items vital to an exhibit. Realistically we're not going to have
        any networking or connectivity, or diagnostics equipment becasue we already
        have enough provided in the basement in the next building over.

        In short we have a moratorium on donations unless they're extremely
        important (a visitor drops off a PDP /8) historically.

        It's a little too early to list exactly what items we need to have donated
        (make/model), hopefully soon as time is an issue. In the meantime, please
        list on the inventory system.

        Bill

        At 05:58 PM 4/3/2008 +0000, you wrote:
        >I just found a box of "RAD data communications ltd" coax connectors
        >for IBM 3270 connectivity (coax to twisted pair, splitters, dual coax
        >to twisted pair balun). Any takers?
        >
        >Misco #0024, 0025, 0026, 0035, 0078, 0079, 0080
        >(ooooh, expensive!)
        >
        >And 4: Misco #0019
        >RAD MME/V.35 synchronous modem eliminators
        >(fancy null modems)
        >
        >-- Jeff Jonas

      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 8:58 AM
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 9:35 AM
            > just found a box of "RAD data communications ltd"
            > coax connectors for IBM 3270 connectivity

            Jim Scheef hasn't weighed in lately. That and your terminal server are
            really in the ballpark of his stated interests.

            Amazingly, probably the number 1 cord type needed for the MARCH collection
            is the ultra-ubiquitous modular power cord, like the ones on the back of VGA
            monitors and PCs. The number of systems needing these cords exceeds the
            supply by maybe about 15 to 25. I personally will try to bring 5 or so on
            the next visit. Not so much for PCs... they are compatible back to
            workstations and miscellany from the early 80's.

            We could also use a few of the RCA and BNC cables for Video hookups,
            like to the 8-bitters.

            John A.
          • John Allain
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 10:28 AM
              > That's great, but if possible please also bring some sort of bins
              > to put them in so that they are easy to store and don't turn into
              > more junk to move around.

              The ideal bins I've found are those clear square cat food/litter pails,
              cleaned and de-labeled. They're even stackable.
              Unfortunately I don't have a cat so sometimes have to search the
              neigborhood on recycle day like some sort of bag lady <g>.

              John A.