Re: Restoration news from InfoAge.

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 3, 2008
      > > 5) DEC - No work done other than take a peek at everything.
      >
      > I was in the other room, you guys were hogging the two tables.
      > To check in, I tried getting two systems up and running, a
      > VT100 (piece of cake, it even had the config label under the
      keyboard) and a
      > VaxStation 3100. The VS needs a display screen or at least custom
      cable to
      > VGA.

      Was it originally a multi-BNC connector to a fixed freq monitor? I
      have 1-2 DEC monitors from workstations (perhaps a microvax: I'll know
      only when they're pulled from the wayBack of my storage unit).

      Would a terminal server help? I have a DEC terminal server that's
      probably DECnet.

      > We have surprisingly few DEC terminals in the VT200+ class.

      I can spare one, but I'm unsure about the keyboard.
      If you really need more, I can check with a friend who used a dozen or
      2 as a portable email system.
    • John Allain
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 18, 2008
        > Googling around I cannot find the GiGi/VK100 output frequencies.
        > Is it switchable or only one fixed frequency?

        Probably NTSC component.
        Like {old} TV, but without the RF modulator stage.

        > I have a lovely Sony NWP-516 monitor that's 3-BNC input
        > but the specs seem to be 1280 x 1024, 63.38 kHz/60Hz.
        > It's free for MARCH purposes!

        Getting the specs together is Very useful, thanks, but
        No space for it at the moment.
        That'll work with later DECstations and Alphas, which
        MARCH may not have, pending check of Grabbe
        collection.

        John A.