Boston trip? Was: RE: [midatlanticretro] oscilloscope wanted

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 10:48 AM
      More about this...  I just spoke with someone at Harvard's History of Science department, and she said the Mark 1 is on public display.  She also said they are about finished with five years of organizing a "historical scientific instruments" collection which also includes some computer things, and that they might be able to give us a private tour -- they couldn't promise yet.

      MIT's Lincoln Lab is not open to the public, but another place we could visit is You-Do-It Electronics.  YDIE is as big as a Home Depot and it's got two floors of nothing but electronics gear.  A truly awesome store.  Bring your credit cards.   :)

      I'm thinking that a Friday/Saturday trip might be ideal (because the Harvard stuff probably is closed on weekends).  I lived in Cambridge as recently as one year ago, and plenty of other MARCH'rs have lived up there too, so getting around will be second-nature.  Hell, the bartenders in Central Square probably will remember my name!

      Anyone up for this in August or September?  That's enough time to plan, but before the New England winter hits.