Re: Restoration news from InfoAge.

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 3, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Matt Patoray <mspatoray@...>
      wrote:
      > Would U be interested in a DEC "GIGI" terminal? I think I have a
      > manual and it can bused with a B&W monitor or an RGB NTSC using 3 BNC
      > cables on a monitor like a Sony PVM-1270.

      If that can use fixed frequency monitors, I may have a large color
      workstation monitor, or 2 or 4 ...

      Seriously, that would be an excuse to donate a HUGE multi-BNC
      connector Trinitron monitor to the museum.
    • John Allain
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 18, 2008
        > Googling around I cannot find the GiGi/VK100 output frequencies.
        > Is it switchable or only one fixed frequency?

        Probably NTSC component.
        Like {old} TV, but without the RF modulator stage.

        > I have a lovely Sony NWP-516 monitor that's 3-BNC input
        > but the specs seem to be 1280 x 1024, 63.38 kHz/60Hz.
        > It's free for MARCH purposes!

        Getting the specs together is Very useful, thanks, but
        No space for it at the moment.
        That'll work with later DECstations and Alphas, which
        MARCH may not have, pending check of Grabbe
        collection.

        John A.