Re: [midatlanticretro] Restoration news from InfoAge.

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 3, 2008
      Matt said:
      > Would U be interested in a DEC "GIGI" terminal? I think I have a
      > manual and it can bused with a B&W monitor or an RGB NTSC using 3 BNC
      > cables on a monitor like a Sony PVM-1270.

      I personally would and speaking from the MARCH standpoint
      that's also a positive. The GiGi is an interesting bridge to the
      school market and contains a lot of graphics options not
      found in many basic DEC terminals. Nice hearing from you.

      John A.
    • John Allain
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 18, 2008
        > Googling around I cannot find the GiGi/VK100 output frequencies.
        > Is it switchable or only one fixed frequency?

        Probably NTSC component.
        Like {old} TV, but without the RF modulator stage.

        > I have a lovely Sony NWP-516 monitor that's 3-BNC input
        > but the specs seem to be 1280 x 1024, 63.38 kHz/60Hz.
        > It's free for MARCH purposes!

        Getting the specs together is Very useful, thanks, but
        No space for it at the moment.
        That'll work with later DECstations and Alphas, which
        MARCH may not have, pending check of Grabbe
        collection.

        John A.