RE: [midatlanticretro] This weekend - what to bring

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
      Message
      Hold off on any chemicals.  Steve G. (or Fred if he's around) will help us with a heat gun.  As I understand it, the purpose of the heat gun is to get the paint on our hallway doors to loosen and peel, so that it can be easily scraped or otherwise removed (I just wish they hadn't put on the most recent coat a few weeks ago) ... all we'll do with the current blinds is remove them; we'll figure out replacements some other time.
      Are we going to need any tools, chemicals, etc, for working on the room? I know Evan mentioned stripping paint off of something and installing Venetian blinds.

      Joe
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
        Heat gun is the route for the person who is afraid of cancer. We need us some carcinogens! They work best...

        Hold off on any chemicals.  Steve G. (or Fred if he's around) will help us with a heat gun.  As I understand it, the purpose of the heat gun is to get the paint on our hallway doors to loosen and peel, so that it can be easily scraped or otherwise removed (I just wish they hadn't put on the most recent coat a few weeks ago) ... all we'll do with the current blinds is remove them; we'll figure out replacements some other time.
        Are we going to need any tools, chemicals, etc, for working on the room? I know Evan mentioned stripping paint off of something and installing Venetian blinds.

        Joe

      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
          Joe Giliberti wrote:
          > Heat gun is the route for the person who is afraid of cancer. We need us
          > some carcinogens! They work best...

          My favorite is turpentine+heat gun. Burn that crap down!

          Peace... Sridhar
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
            Just heat unless Fred says otherwise. Sorry.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > Just heat unless Fred says otherwise. Sorry.

              I was being fecetious. Using turpentine or benzene with a heat gun in a
              closed room is *very* dangerous.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • Kelly Leavitt
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
                I wish I had room to bring some tools. I just got done loading and my van is FULL!!!! That's after taking both seats out.

                Kelly

                Checked by AVG.