RE: [midatlanticretro] This weekend - what to bring

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
      InfoAge has plenty of tools but they could be scattered and inconsistent.
      So if anyone wants to bring some, that might be a good idea, as Bill said.
      Don't forget that we have full use of NJARC's repair shop in the basement.
      Steve G. built a nice set-up down there, including things like scopes and
      monitors. I have a key for when he's not around.

      I don't anticipate us doing any painting this weekend. If we need to,
      InfoAge will supply it and the necessary equipment.

      Nor do I think we'll do much inventorying. We'll just pick out systems that
      are good fits for our first four exhibits. As Bill noted, the selection
      process in some cases will involve technical analysis.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
        Message
        Hold off on any chemicals.  Steve G. (or Fred if he's around) will help us with a heat gun.  As I understand it, the purpose of the heat gun is to get the paint on our hallway doors to loosen and peel, so that it can be easily scraped or otherwise removed (I just wish they hadn't put on the most recent coat a few weeks ago) ... all we'll do with the current blinds is remove them; we'll figure out replacements some other time.
        Are we going to need any tools, chemicals, etc, for working on the room? I know Evan mentioned stripping paint off of something and installing Venetian blinds.

        Joe
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
          Heat gun is the route for the person who is afraid of cancer. We need us some carcinogens! They work best...

          Hold off on any chemicals.  Steve G. (or Fred if he's around) will help us with a heat gun.  As I understand it, the purpose of the heat gun is to get the paint on our hallway doors to loosen and peel, so that it can be easily scraped or otherwise removed (I just wish they hadn't put on the most recent coat a few weeks ago) ... all we'll do with the current blinds is remove them; we'll figure out replacements some other time.
          Are we going to need any tools, chemicals, etc, for working on the room? I know Evan mentioned stripping paint off of something and installing Venetian blinds.

          Joe

        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
            Joe Giliberti wrote:
            > Heat gun is the route for the person who is afraid of cancer. We need us
            > some carcinogens! They work best...

            My favorite is turpentine+heat gun. Burn that crap down!

            Peace... Sridhar
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
              Just heat unless Fred says otherwise. Sorry.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > Just heat unless Fred says otherwise. Sorry.

                I was being fecetious. Using turpentine or benzene with a heat gun in a
                closed room is *very* dangerous.

                Peace... Sridhar
              • Kelly Leavitt
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 28, 2008
                  I wish I had room to bring some tools. I just got done loading and my van is FULL!!!! That's after taking both seats out.

                  Kelly

                  Checked by AVG.