The final March 29/30 thread

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 26, 2008
      Message
      The big weekend is getting close now.

      I will arrive Saturday around noon.  Saturday night we'll find something fun to do.  Sunday, probably start around 10-ish. I will leave, promptly, by Sunday at 4:00 because I have an 8:23 flight to catch.

      Other than Bill D., who else plans to meet me there at noon Saturday?  I need to know so everyone can find us.  (It can be tricky to find people in InfoAge's sprawling maze, and the cell reception is questionable throughout the campus.)

      My cell is 646-546-9999.  I will try to keep it turned on all weekend.  If you arrive and get my voicemail, and/or if you can't find any other humans there, then just leave a message and be patient: I'll try to check messages often.  Bill, etc. -- perhaps ya'll can post your numbers as well, in case anyone is unable to reach me.

      As with all MARCH events, FUN is just as important as WORK.   :-)

      Here is a repeat of the list of things we can/should get done this weekend:

      - You may volunteers of other InfoAge groups doing their own work.  Be friendly to them!  Introduce yourself and say you're with MARCH.
      - RE: our first two exhibit rooms: clear them out, vacuum, remove old crappy blinds, clean window glass, replace a few of the modular ceiling tiles (some have water damage but after that happened InfoAge hired professionals to install a NEW ROOF on our building!), maybe some additional cleaning-up tasks
      - Pick out systems from our collection that will go into the first few exhibits and that are restorable; assign them to various club members
      - Possibly take our two hallway doors off their hinges, move the doors to someplace out of the way, and strip them to bare metal using heat gun (to make them bubble) and some special chemicals (Fred has the details on how it's done) ... then repaint them from scratch
      - Put down cheap carpet in our hallway?  (Depends on other InfoAge progress)
      - Possibly help Steve G. with replacing our lobby sheetrock (area between our hallway and radio museum back door)
      - HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN
      - Possibly help with InfoAge tasks if time/resources allow
      - We'll keep our preview room CLOSED on the 30th to devote maximum time to our future exhibit rooms and hallway area
      Possibly begin setting up some of the exhibit areas by moving around our tables / wall dividers
      - Got computer history t-shirts, posters, banners, etc.?  Please bring them and donate them to us.  We'll use them for decorating our hallway!

      Finally: please reiterate who's coming and when.  Do so by adding your name (and follow the format) of the list below -- just quote it -- that way it's easy and central for me and everyone else to follow.

      - Me (Evan) - all weekend
      - Bill D. - all weekend

    • Bob Grieb
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
        Evan,

        I plan to come up Saturday. Will shoot for
        about noon. Probably will not be around Sunday.

        > - Me (Evan) - all weekend
        > - Bill D. - all weekend
        - Bob Grieb - Saturday only

        Bob Grieb

        --- Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > - HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ...
        > HAVE FUN
        > - Possibly help with InfoAge tasks if time/resources allow
        > - We'll keep our preview room CLOSED on the 30th to devote maximum
        > time to
        > our future exhibit rooms and hallway area
        > - Possibly begin setting up some of the exhibit areas by moving
        > around our
        > tables / wall dividers
        > - Got computer history t-shirts, posters, banners, etc.? Please
        > bring them
        > and donate them to us. We'll use them for decorating our hallway!
        >
        > Finally: please reiterate who's coming and when. Do so by adding
        > your name
        > (and follow the format) of the list below -- just quote it -- that
        > way it's
        > easy and central for me and everyone else to follow.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008

          Evan Koblentz wrote:
[...]

          - Dan Roganti - all weekend (arr.12noon)

          =Dan

        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
            Evan:

            I too will be there Saturday. Any chance of starting early without you? I have a van full of DEC parts, training material and manuals as well as the "Yonkers" collection to unload.

            Where do you want me to store it?

            I will not be there on Sunday.

            Kelly

            I plan to come up Saturday. Will shoot for
            about noon. Probably will not be around Sunday.

            > - Me (Evan) - all weekend
            > - Bill D. - all weekend
            - Bob Grieb - Saturday only

            Bob Grieb

            --- Evan Koblentz <evan@... <mailto:evan%40snarc.net> > wrote:

> [...]
            > - HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ... HAVE FUN ...
            > HAVE FUN
            > - Possibly help with InfoAge tasks if time/resources allow
            > - We'll keep our preview room CLOSED on the 30th to devote maximum
            > time to
            > our future exhibit rooms and hallway area
            > - Possibly begin setting up some of the exhibit areas by moving
            > around our
            > tables / wall dividers
            > - Got computer history t-shirts, posters, banners, etc.? Please
            > bring them
            > and donate them to us. We'll use them for decorating our hallway!
            >
            > Finally: please reiterate who's coming and when. Do so by adding
            > your name
            > (and follow the format) of the list below -- just quote it -- that
            > way it's
            > easy and central for me and everyone else to follow.

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs <http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>
          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
              How early?

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                I wanted to get there around 10:00 or 10:30. It takes me a little over 2 hours to get there when the van is loaded. I can go faster when it is not loaded (but not as fast as Evan :-)

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                  Let's compromise ... how about 11?

                  Subj: RE: [midatlanticretro] The final March 29/30 thread
                  Date: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am
                  Size: 1K
                  To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>;<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                    Works for me. See you then.

                    Subj: RE: [midatlanticretro] The final March 29/30 thread
                    Date: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am
                    Size: 1K
                    To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> >;<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> >

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                      I will try to get their earlier too

                      Subj: RE: [midatlanticretro] The final March 29/30 thread
                      Date: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 am
                      Size: 1K
                      To: >; >

                      I wanted to get there around 10:00 or 10:30. It takes me a little over 2 hours to get there when the van is loaded. I can go faster when it is not loaded (but not as fast as Evan :-)

                      I too will be there Saturday. Any chance of starting early without you? I have a van full of DEC parts, training material and manuals as well as the "Yonkers" collection to unload.

                      > Where do you want me to store it?

                      I will not be there on Sunday.

                      Kelly

                      <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Christian Liendo
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                        I would love to go. If my friend Brian goes I will.

                        I could donate.... a Red Imac.. It's not antique but
                        it's cute..

                        Sorry I live in a 1 Bedroom Apt and I dont have that
                        much.

                        I do have an old Radio Book for the radio guys and and
                        old intel manual I could copy (I want to keep
                        original)

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and
                      • Bob Grieb
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                          Me too.

                          Bob G

                          --- Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                          > I will try to get their earlier too

                          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                        • Evan
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                            Chris, as offered last time, I can give you a ride Sat. morning but you'd have to find your own way back since I'm staying over. Could drop you at a train station.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                              I should be on all weekend starting at 11 am.

                              Joe

                              On 3/27/08, John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                              Evan said
                              > Chris, as offered last time, I can give you a ride Sat. morning but
                              > you'd have to find your own way back since I'm staying over.

                              Evan, did you ever answer that question
                              as to how many spaces are in the Cottage?

                              John A.

                            • John Allain
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                                Evan said

                                Message 15 of 15 , Mar 27, 2008
                                  I don't know the exact number, but they host a couple of dozen high school
                                  kids for two weeks each summer. So there will be plenty of room for a
                                  half-dozen computer nerds staying just one night.