Clarification, re: Army & computers

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2008
      I forget the previous subject line - climbed into bed just now so I'm not at my main inbox.

      But: despite the joke about the aforementioned Signal Corps / Camp Evans computer research on MOBIDIC being my "white whale", I realized that's not accurate. What I/we learned tonight is indeed "A" white whale, re: it shows that Camp Evans was the heart of the Army's computer research from the mid-1950s to early-1960s, and that's awesome for our museum exhibit purposes. However this is now "THE BIG" white whale, re: it has very little relationship to the decade-earlier John Mauchly work for Camp Evans -- THAT is what I really hope to prove. Tonight's news is a very interesting sidebar. If I find proof of the suspected (by me) Mauchly connection then I'll use many more exclamation points. :)