Re: [midatlanticretro] Fairchild Channel F Video

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2008
      I agree that the Bally Astrocade is a good system, I read about it originally in an article about the 1979 or 80 Winter CES in Las Vegas.  I have never seen one in person.
      bd

      At 12:32 AM 3/17/2008 -0400, you wrote:

      I used to play alot of games on that machine.

      Another little well known videogame machine from that era is the Bally/Midway Astrocade. It never had the same marketing exposure as the Atari 2600.

      It's 'shoebox' hardware design was actually quite technically superior than the rest of them for it's day. You can see the difference in the video demo, http://tinyurl.com/2t3e7o

      =Dan

      [ Pittsburgh ---
      http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/
      ]

      B. Degnan wrote:

      Recently I received Fairchild Channel F, which is the original
      cartridge-based game home video game system sold, pre-dating the Atari
      2600. Thank you Erik Klein of
      http://www.vintage-computer.com/

      There are plenty of sources on the web if you're looking for more facts
      about this unit, and now for the first time, here is a video of the unit
      in
      action:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Da3mEWtNp4

      Enjoy!
      (set to "Do the Hustle" )

      NOTE: It's off center, but it was 1AM and I was getting tired....so ...

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:

          (Yahoo! ID required)