Bill Degnan is a smart man.

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      Fred, who is our InfoAge contact, told me tonight that having a MARCH seat
      on his board of directors -- as Bill D. suggested in the club chat last
      night -- is exactly what he had in mind. He's also prepared to sign a
      simple contract stipulating that whatever InfoAge and MARCH each bring to
      the museum remains their respective property, etc.

      Saturday, Aug. 13 is InfoAge's official "grand opening" event. Several
      community groups, Boy Scouts, politicians, local bigwigs, perhaps students,
      radio guys, and representatives from the various other groups involved with
      InfoAge will all be present. If we can evaluate a decent chunk of the
      existing InfoAge (Grabbe) collection before that time, then Fred would like
      us to prepare a few simple exhibits for the public event. I and/or other
      MARCH'ers can explain our hobby to the attendees, reporters, etc. We're
      also invited to have TCF-like exhibits, if anyone wants to do that again,
      though on a much smaller scale.

      At the least, I will attend as a MARCH representative. At best, I'd love to
      see several of you attend as well.

      Sometime before that (perhaps the day before?), we can start evaluating the
      (static, for now) Grabbe collection. If not on that Friday, then Fred would
      like us to visit on a weekend, as our plans of going on a weekday (from last
      night's chat) do not fit in his schedule.

      - 750 readers and no spam / Publishes every Monday / Write for us!