RE: [midatlanticretro] Dot Matrix...

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 10:42 PM

      I have a total of five dot matrix printers:

      3 Apple—Apple Dot Matrix, Imagewriter I (I like this one the best), and an Imagewriter II.  I’m having problems with the Imagewriter II, printouts are lighter at the left margin, and get darker towards the middle and right.  I was told the platen needed shimmed but I have no clue on how to do this.

      1 IBM Proprinter, II or III (small carriage) and a IBM 2390+ they both work perfectly.

      I like to use them every now and then, I like the noise the make.

      Jim K.