Re: eBay dead?

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 4, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > I am not picking on Brian, but why are so many people yelping about
      Ebay?
      > Every day in the vc message boards I hear about how bad Ebay is.
      It's a
      > wonderful service. I challenge anyone to try to sell the same item
      > anywhere else and get a better *NET* price. Put the same item on
      Ebay and
      > another on a you-pick-it seller site. Let me know how it goes.
      >
      > Ebay cannot be beaten for numbers of shoppers, not even close. When
      you
      > advertise on the Super Bowl you expect to pay more, why not also for a
      > huge audience like Ebay? It's silly to compare any other auction
      site to
      > Ebay at this time. Maybe in 5 years, but not today.
      ------------

      I don't hate eBay, but, eBay is a very customer-hostile website, and
      frankly, they don't provide much for what they charge, and the fee
      structure, combined with the confusion they themselves have created,
      results in an overall bad experience.

      I have been an eBay user since the days they were mostly trading PEZ
      dispensers. The site was much easier to use and navigate when it was
      mostly people selling their junk online. It was an auction house for
      garage sale items.

      Somewhere along the line, eBay allowed the creation of "stores" and
      professional sellers importing new items. Not only did this create
      customer confusion, but it also created a split between those selling
      lots and lots of a single item, and people selling their junk online.

      When you come into ebay now, and do a search for any item, unless you
      KNOW what you're looking for, you'll be presented with a myriad of new
      and used items, junk, whatever, that might or might not be sold via a
      professional seller who ships you the item, a professional seller who's
      fulfillment is perfomed by some other entity, or a seller selling a
      garage sale item. And chances are, you have no way of telling what's
      what. So it's confusing from the buyer's side.

      EBay will tell the seller they are not involved in the sale, they are
      acting solely as place to do business, and they will not negotiate or
      arbitrate on your behalf. Yet, they have a zillion laws and breaking
      any one of them will result in a suspension of your account, with no
      trial, no appeal, no chance of speaking to anybody over there regarding
      what happened. So it's confusing from the seller's side.

      Ebay charges a considerable fee (now roughly 10% of your sale, when you
      add in Paypal's fees, and Paypal is owned by Ebay), and they make
      millions of dollars profit off these sales, but apparently, they can't
      afford a telephone. So if a problem arises, there's no way to sort it
      out, because their customer service is non-existant. So it's confusing
      to everyone.

      Perhaps the point is: they really need to seperate the junk sellers
      from the professionals. I don't sell on ebay full-time, and I'm having
      a bad experience from bidders who expect me to service them as if this
      is my only job. And when I buy from sellers on eBay, ironically, I have
      the worst experiences from the professional sellers.

      And, when you consider how little I'm making from selling on eBay, my
      time would be better spent if I'd just tossed these items in the trash.

      I don't hate ebay, but I am dissatisfied with their performance, and
      for what they do charge, we should get better. They've changed their
      website considerably to appease the professional sellers, but they've
      done very little to make life easier for the junk sellers, who were
      (and I think still are) their core audience.

      Sorry for the long and offtopic rant, but I was asked the question so I
      thought I'd answer it.

      TTYL
      Brian C.
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
        <snip>

        >I don't hate ebay, but I am dissatisfied with their performance, and
        >for what they do charge, we should get better. They've changed their
        >website considerably to appease the professional sellers, but they've
        >done very little to make life easier for the junk sellers, who were
        >(and I think still are) their core audience.
        >
        >Sorry for the long and offtopic rant, but I was asked the question so I
        >thought I'd answer it.
        >
        >TTYL
        >Brian C.

        I understand better where the dissent is coming from - the junk sellers
        feel squeezed out.

        My company engineers applications like Ebay (if we could only get their
        contract!) and I personally use Ebay to sell about as much as I buy. I
        used their tools to create a re-usable template or two, and I sell
        everything starting at 99 cents even if it's worth $10,000. I calculate
        and then add their fees into the advertised shipping and handling
        charges. Simple, fast, and it works for me. I am usually surprised at how
        *well* my auctions do. Case in point, last week I sold an IEEE to PET
        cable for over $100, starting at 99 cents. Have you ever seen an
        IEEE-->PET cable go for more on another site?

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270214790828

        Like everything else, you just have to know how to work the system, take
        good pics, and avoid situations where you need to contact Ebay. Phone
        support for a web site is not in the idiom for the media.

        Bill
      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
          Bill,

          To take this back off-topic:

          I agree with people that feel that ebay as a
          company does pretty much nothing to earn the money
          that they make. For instance, many auctions take place
          almost completely in the last 2 minutes, even if they
          run for a week. I think this favors people using programs
          for bidding and is not the best way to get the best price
          for a seller. Ebay could have noticed this, as I am sure
          they have, and changed the way their auctions work a little
          to make them more like a "real" auction. How many "real"
          auctions have you been to where someone didn't get something
          that sold for less than they would have been willing to pay?

          Also, I think the new rules concerning feedback are a big
          step backward. I have been using ebay for a long time,
          and have been dissappointed that the company doesn't seem
          interested in fixing some fairly obvious problems.

          Bob Grieb

          --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

          > <snip>
          >
          > >I don't hate ebay, but I am dissatisfied with their performance, and
          > >for what they do charge, we should get better. They've changed their
          > >website considerably to appease the professional sellers, but
          > they've
          > >done very little to make life easier for the junk sellers, who were
          > >(and I think still are) their core audience.
          > >
          > >Sorry for the long and offtopic rant, but I was asked the question
          > so I
          > >thought I'd answer it.
          > >
          > >TTYL
          > >Brian C.
          >
          > I understand better where the dissent is coming from - the junk
          > sellers
          > feel squeezed out.
          >
          > My company engineers applications like Ebay (if we could only get
          > their
          > contract!) and I personally use Ebay to sell about as much as I buy.
          > used their tools to create a re-usable template or two, and I sell
          > everything starting at 99 cents even if it's worth $10,000. I
          > calculate
          > and then add their fees into the advertised shipping and handling
          > charges. Simple, fast, and it works for me. I am usually surprised
          > at how
          > *well* my auctions do. Case in point, last week I sold an IEEE to
          > PET
          > cable for over $100, starting at 99 cents. Have you ever seen an
          > IEEE-->PET cable go for more on another site?
          >
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270214790828
          >
          > Like everything else, you just have to know how to work the system,
          > take
          > good pics, and avoid situations where you need to contact Ebay.
          > Phone
          > support for a web site is not in the idiom for the media.
          >
          > Bill

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
            Dell has an auction site, and any bid made in the last 10 minutes automatically extends the
            auction another 10 minutes.  Ie, you can't drop in a high bid in the last few seconds.  Prices
            are pretty stable the last 15 minutes, and someone who really wants an item can take their
            time to out-bid someone else.  There's no panic mode.

            I wish eBay would do the same.

            Bob

            --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@degnanco. com> wrote:

            > <snip>
            >
            > >I don't hate ebay, but I am dissatisfied with their performance, and
            > >for what they do charge, we should get better. They've changed their
            > >website considerably to appease the professional sellers, but
            > they've
            > >done very little to make life easier for the junk sellers, who were
            > >(and I think still are) their core audience.
            > >
            > >Sorry for the long and offtopic rant, but I was asked the question
            > so I
            > >thought I'd answer it.
            > >
            > >TTYL
            > >Brian C.
            >
            > I understand better where the dissent is coming from - the junk
            > sellers
            > feel squeezed out.
            >
            > My company engineers applications like Ebay (if we could only get
            > their
            > contract!) and I personally use Ebay to sell about as much as I buy.
            > used their tools to create a re-usable template or two, and I sell
            > everything starting at 99 cents even if it's worth $10,000. I
            > calculate
            > and then add their fees into the advertised shipping and handling
            > charges. Simple, fast, and it works for me. I am usually surprised
            > at how
            > *well* my auctions do. Case in point, last week I sold an IEEE to
            > PET
            > cable for over $100, starting at 99 cents. Have you ever seen an
            > IEEE-->PET cable go for more on another site?
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item= 270214790828
            >
            > Like everything else, you just have to know how to work the system,
            > take
            > good pics, and avoid situations where you need to contact Ebay.
            > Phone
            > support for a web site is not in the idiom for the media.
            >
            > Bill

            http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
              Well no..

              The real problems are now because so many people have
              burned each other, you have collateral damage.

              You have unscrupulous sellers who falsify what they
              sell, then you have buyers who fake bids to knock you
              out or are just stupid and dont know what they are
              doing.

              I had stuff for sale on Ebay, I was selling old games
              and other people are selling the same. So my stuff got
              bidded very high by a guy with 0 feedback. I thought
              this was odd. Needless to say it was a fake, I never
              got paid and had to repost, but it happened again. I
              complained to Ebay but they did nothing.

              So I sold it on craigslist. I probably made more money
              because I didn't have to pay fees.

              Brian has a lot more examples of this than I do.

              I really miss the OLD TCF when it was on that large
              college campus and there was a HUGE flea market and I
              would buy a space just to park inside. (yea I bought
              that much stuff, my new soon to be ex-wife would later
              on ask me what all this "crap" was)

              Sigh.

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
                On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Christian Liendo wrote:

                > I had stuff for sale on Ebay, I was selling old games
                > and other people are selling the same. So my stuff got
                > bidded very high by a guy with 0 feedback. I thought
                > this was odd. Needless to say it was a fake, I never
                > got paid and had to repost, but it happened again. I
                > complained to Ebay but they did nothing.
                >
                > So I sold it on craigslist. I probably made more money
                > because I didn't have to pay fees.

                For you guys selling on Craigslist - are you shipping, or are your
                buyers local? Like them or hate them, Ebay/PayPal did offer a bit of
                protection for buyers and sellers. My biggest concern with buying and
                selling through something like Craiglist would be the scam artists. The
                Craigslist for my area is small, and people interested in vintage computer
                items would most likely NOT be local. The only vintage items I see
                around here are the occasional Apple IIe systems.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • Evan
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
                  Please trim replies to long threads.

                  Chris: In case you weren't aware, TCF moved from Edison (Raritan Center industrial park) back to the campus of Trenton State College (which is now called "The College of New Jersey") in 2005. But the flea market area is small.

                  MARCH goes mainly to recruit for interest in our own activities.

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
                    I know. I went one year when MARCH did their thing and
                    I thought that was cool. but it's not cool enough just
                    to go all the way just for that. I'll go to VCF.

                    Well I did see some college girls working out on the
                    field thats next to it, but still I am not going to
                    run all the way out there for that :)

                    Yea, but I remember the OLD OLD TCF that was on some
                    college campus that I cannot remember the name. You
                    used to have to park, then take a bus to the show.

                    It was awesome. Huge flea market, Major vendors were
                    there. I sooooooooooooooo enjoyed it. It was Nerdvana.

                    I stopped going for a few years and I believe I went
                    to the 2005. I haven't gone in a while. To me it
                    wasn't worth it.

                    --- Evan <evan@...> wrote:

                    > Please trim replies to long threads.
                    >
                    > Chris: In case you weren't aware, TCF moved from
                    > Edison (Raritan Center industrial park) back to the
                    > campus of Trenton State College (which is now called
                    > "The College of New Jersey") in 2005. But the flea
                    > market area is small.
                    >
                    > MARCH goes mainly to recruit for interest in our own
                    > activities.

                    > large college campus

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  • Ryan Harvey
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
                      I honesly dislike eBay for their new rules, but as someone pointed out on here before(or was it the VC forums?), eBay is the way to go for higher net profit, and in times like these, I could use it. As for the 0 bidding problem, I have my auctions setup so that if you have too many negatives and not enough positive, or less than 5 positive feedback, you can't bid on my auction. Though I have noticed scammers are hacking into accounts with high feedback, bidding on crap, then playing off their scam.

                      Even with the fact that we could all use a little extra cash, I now only turn to eBay as a last hope. Even on eBay, no one wanted my Tandy 1000SX with color Tandy monitor, keyboard, and joystick for $20. I was even offering accessories and DOS! Still, no bids. I am moving this summer, and can't take it with me. Hell, I have to dump my 1988 25" TV somewhere before I move, too! I am only getting rid of the Tandy because I never liked it from the start. I was just saving it from the dump. Maybe I will list it on here...never thought of that...

                      --Ryan

                      --- Bob Grieb <bobgrieb@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > calculate
                      > > and then add their fees into the advertised
                      > shipping and handling
                      > > charges. Simple, fast, and it works for me. I am
                      > usually surprised
                      > > at how
                      > > *well* my auctions do. Case in point, last week I
                      > sold an IEEE to
                      > > PET
                      > > cable for over $100, starting at 99 cents. Have
                      > you ever seen an
                      > > IEEE-->PET cable go for more on another site?

                      http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item= 270214790828

                      > > Like everything else, you just have to know how to
                      > work the system,
                      > > take
                      > > good pics, and avoid situations where you need to
                      > contact Ebay.
                      > > Phone
                      > > support for a web site is not in the idiom for the

                    • Bryan Pope
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
                        Ryan Harvey wrote:
                        > Even with the fact that we could all use a little extra cash, I now
                        > only turn to eBay as a last hope. Even on eBay, no one wanted my Tandy
                        > 1000SX with color Tandy monitor, keyboard, and joystick for $20. I was
                        > even offering accessories and DOS! Still, no bids. I am moving this
                        > summer, and can't take it with me. Hell, I have to dump my 1988 25" TV
                        > somewhere before I move, too! I am only getting rid of the Tandy
                        > because I never liked it from the start. I was just saving it from the
                        > dump. Maybe I will list it on here...never thought of that...

                        I know that Bill Degnan would *love* to add that Tandy machine to his
                        collection, cause he is the Tandy man! Too bad it does not have a
                        stringy drive to go along with it...

                        Cheers,

                        Bryan

                        P.S. Hopefully Bill does not strangle me with a stringy floppy drive belt!
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008

                          > I know that Bill Degnan would *love* to add that Tandy machine to his
                          > collection, cause he is the Tandy man! Too bad it does not have a
                          > stringy drive to go along with it...
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          >
                          > Bryan
                          >

                          > P.S. Hopefully Bill does not strangle me with a stringy floppy drive
                          > belt!

                          ha!
                          Bring the 1000sx to InfoAge...? It's a good example of early budget PC
                          clone of XT, easy to repair. I have a 10MB model from a Halmark store.
                          It had a card making program w/ Garfield chip art.
                          bd
                        • Ryan Harvey
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 5, 2008
                            Tell ya what...gimmie $20+shipping and I will send it to your door.

                            same offer for everyone else

                            --Ryan

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008

                              B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                              > I know that Bill Degnan would *love* to add that Tandy machine to his
                              > collection, cause he is the Tandy man! Too bad it does not have a
                              > stringy drive to go along with it...
                              >
                              > Cheers,
                              >
                              > Bryan
                              >

                              > P.S. Hopefully Bill does not strangle me with a stringy floppy drive
                              > belt!

                              ha!
                              Bring the 1000sx to InfoAge...? It's a good example of early budget PC
                              clone of XT, easy to repair. I have a 10MB model from a Halmark store.
                              It had a card making program w/ Garfield chip art.
                              bd

                              > At 07:57 PM 3/5/2008 -0800, you wrote:
                              > Tell ya what...gimmie $20+shipping and I will send it to your door.

                              > same offer for everyone else

                              > --Ryan

                              just to clarify, I am not interested in the 1000sx, Bryan was kidding.  I was suggesting that it be donated to InfoAge if it would be thrown out anyway.  May not be practical, not with the cost of shipping.

                              Bill "not Tandy man" Degnan
                            • Dan Roganti
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008

                                B. Degnan wrote:

                                Bill "not Tandy man" Degnan

                                --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man

                                Bill:     Who can take a Sun ?
                                    Finkle in a screw ----
                                    Cover it in paint--
                                    is it a miracle or taboo?--

                                    The Tandy man
                                    The Tandy man can
                                    The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                    and makes the world run good

                                    Who can take a wet DEC rainbow
                                    Disassemble it is a sigh
                                    Dry it first in the sun
                                    and let the floppy drives run dry?

                                Children: The Tandy man?

                                Bill:     The Tandy man
                                    The Tandy man can
                                    The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                    and makes the world run good

                                    Tandy man makes
                                    All the vintage flakes
                                    Satisfying not to own jalopies
                                    Talk about your childhood vintage copies
                                    You can even eat the floppies

                                    Who can take Morrow S-100 motherboard
                                    Whip it in a snap
                                    Separate the blown tantalums
                                    And collect up all the scrap?

                                The Tandy man

                                Children:The Tandy man can

                                Bill:     The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                    And makes the world run good
                                    And the world runs good cause the Tandy man thinks it should

                                --------------------------
                                ok--back to work
                                =Dan

                              • Sridhar Ayengar
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008
                                  Dan Roganti wrote:
                                  > B. Degnan wrote:
                                  >> Bill "not Tandy man" Degnan
                                  >>
                                  > --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man
                                  >
                                  > Bill: Who can take a Sun ?
                                  > Finkle in a screw ----
                                  > Cover it in paint--
                                  > is it a miracle or taboo?--
                                  >
                                  > The Tandy man
                                  > The Tandy man can
                                  > The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                  > and makes the world run good
                                  >
                                  > Who can take a wet DEC rainbow
                                  > Disassemble it is a sigh
                                  > Dry it first in the sun
                                  > and let the floppy drives run dry?
                                  >
                                  > Children: The Tandy man?
                                  >
                                  > Bill: The Tandy man
                                  > The Tandy man can
                                  > The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                  > and makes the world run good
                                  >
                                  > Tandy man makes
                                  > All the vintage flakes
                                  > Satisfying not to own jalopies
                                  > Talk about your childhood vintage copies
                                  > You can even eat the floppies
                                  >
                                  > Who can take Morrow S-100 motherboard
                                  > Whip it in a snap
                                  > Separate the blown tantalums
                                  > And collect up all the scrap?
                                  >
                                  > The Tandy man
                                  >
                                  > Children:The Tandy man can
                                  >
                                  > Bill: The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                  > And makes the world run good
                                  > And the world runs good cause the Tandy man thinks it should

                                  Ok. You have too much time on your hands.

                                  Peace... Sridhar
                                • Herb Johnson
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008
                                    Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

                                    > I know. I went one year when MARCH did their thing and
                                    > I thought that was cool. but it's not cool enough just
                                    > to go all the way just for that. I'll go to VCF.

                                    The discussion in this thread seems to be either about eBay, or about
                                    the TCF fleamarket. But it's all about selling "vintage" computer
                                    items. Since I sell as a business, every day, these issues are
                                    important to me. But I don't want to prolong a wide and long thread.
                                    Maybe I'll post something in depth on my Website. I think what amounts
                                    to editorials "work" better on a Web page than buried in a discussion
                                    thread. But here's some bullet points.

                                    Ebay is like the rest of the Web. The Web is going "corporate",
                                    dominated by large corporate interests. Ebay is worse than that, as it
                                    levels the "ground" with its common interface and rules for every
                                    seller, and worse because it makes buyers and sellers anonommous, just
                                    names and bids, and worse still because of competitive bidding.

                                    There are other Web venues, like craigslist and freecycle. But they
                                    have their own "rules" - some self-monitoring culture I don't
                                    understand - and they are for one-off sales anyway.

                                    So I don't use eBay. I have my own Web site, my own rules. But I also
                                    have *my own good name and reputation*. My butt is on the line every
                                    single day. That keeps me honest. And THAT, and other policies I have,
                                    keep my customers happy.

                                    The TCF flea market is no longer part of "TCF". It's run by a company
                                    which runs those weekend computer shows. But it's more like a hamfest
                                    than those shows, anyway - an expensive hamfest, which is one reason
                                    it is small. The other reason is that ALL hamfests have shrunk.

                                    In any event, even the recent computer sellers have fled the hamfests.
                                    New computers are cheap, and computers a few years old are plentiful
                                    and too cheap to resell - and too "slow" for today's users. There are
                                    more reasons why "vintage" computers in particular don't show up at
                                    hamfests, or TCF. Oh, and MARCH doesn't support sales at their VCF-
                                    East. So non-Web venues for vintage computers are rare today.

                                    Those are some thoughts. One comment: please keep this discussion
                                    civil. I don't like the term "junk sellers", junk is a perjorative
                                    term for most people. I don't sell junk. "Individual" sellers would
                                    likely work as well.

                                    Herb Johnson
                                    retrotechnology.com
                                  • Dave Sica
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008

                                      On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:12:34 -0000 "Herb Johnson" <herbjohnson@...> writes:
                                      > I don't want to prolong a wide and long thread.
                                      I have been receiving perhaps 10 times the number of posts via the medatlanticretro discussion group than from any other single source to which I subscribe. I am a new member and I enjoy the fact that this group has lively discussions  I enjoy the discussions and am learning from them.

                                      > The TCF flea market is no longer part of "TCF". It's run by a
                                      company
                                      > which runs those weekend computer shows.

                                      For what it's worth, "we" (The New Jersey Antique Radio Club) used to participate at TCF with a display of our own, usually next to the MARCH display. Two years ago, the last time we exhibited, we were made to feel more like party crashers than volunteers bringing value added to the show. As you know, it's a lot of work to bring in and staff an equipment exhibit. Because of that we no longer participate in the show.

                                      > One comment: please keep this discussion civil.
                                      > I don't
                                      like the term "junk sellers", junk is a perjorative
                                      > term for most
                                      people.

                                      Personally, I use the term junk (or more correctly "junque") only with the most sincere affection ;-) !

                                      --Dave Sica

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008
                                        lol

                                        > B. Degnan wrote:
                                        >
                                        > Bill "not Tandy man" Degnan
                                        > --adapted from Willy Wonka and sung to the tune Candy man
                                        >
                                        > Bill: Who can take a Sun ?
                                        > Finkle in a screw ----
                                        > Cover it in paint--
                                        > is it a miracle or taboo?--
                                        >
                                        > The Tandy man
                                        > The Tandy man can
                                        > The Tandy man can cause he mixes it with stringy floppies
                                        > and makes the world run good

                                        <snip>
                                      • Christian Liendo
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008
                                          To Herb Johnson

                                          You are 100% accurate in what you said.

                                          EBay is catering to larger business and sales of new
                                          items.

                                          TCF's flea market is like all those weekend computer
                                          shows and thats why it sucks. TCF is less about the
                                          hobbyist and more about the selling of beige boxes.

                                          IMHO this is because they raised the price from $35 to
                                          $75 for the flea market spots.

                                          As for the term Junk... I love it.. MY JUNK! Brian and
                                          I don't mean it as a bad thing. Sorry if you think of
                                          it that way.

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008
                                            Atari SM 124 Monitor

                                            http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/sys/596695347.html

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 6, 2008
                                              Maybe I should make my jokes more comical... No one ever laughs at them!

                                              At least not my typed ones...I guess it is just the tone that makes the difference.

                                              --Ryan
                                              hahahaha