Re: [midatlanticretro] Dot Matrix...

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 12:07 PM
      > I probably have piles of paper for the damn things too, somewhere in
      > the basement... assuming I haven't thrown that away last time I moved.
      > Lemme know.

      Some tractor feed paper would be good to have to run
      through display print terminals that MARCH already has.

      John A.
    • Brian Cirulnick
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4 9:48 PM
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "John Allain" <allain@...>
        wrote:

        > > I probably have piles of paper for the damn things too, somewhere
        in
        > > the basement... assuming I haven't thrown that away last time I
        moved.
        > > Lemme know.
        >
        > Some tractor feed paper would be good to have to run
        > through display print terminals that MARCH already has.

        ----------

        Let me rummage around and see what I can dredge up. I know I have
        some very antique SUN Documentation in the basement, but not so sure
        about the paper.

        An update on the printers...

        I DEFINTELY have:
        A Panasonic KX-P1091i in the box (but the plastic has yellowed from
        Sunshine exposure) -- this is what I thought was the Epson.

        A Commodore MPS 802 from my C=64 Days...

        My box labeled 'Imagewriter' turned out to have an APPLE IIe inside
        it. However, I'm faily confident that printer still exists somewhere,
        it's probably in a box labeled "NeXT"... just goes to show you that
        my system of organization.... isn't.

        I'll keep looking....

        TTYL
        Brian C.
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4 10:42 PM

          I have a total of five dot matrix printers:

          3 Apple—Apple Dot Matrix, Imagewriter I (I like this one the best), and an Imagewriter II.  I’m having problems with the Imagewriter II, printouts are lighter at the left margin, and get darker towards the middle and right.  I was told the platen needed shimmed but I have no clue on how to do this.

          1 IBM Proprinter, II or III (small carriage) and a IBM 2390+ they both work perfectly.

          I like to use them every now and then, I like the noise the make.

          Jim K.