Re: [midatlanticretro] Ithaca Intersystems DPS-1

  • Bob Grieb
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
      Sellam,

      A college classmate of mine founded Ithaca Intersystems.
      I had one of their Z80 boards in about 1978 or so, but never
      got a floppy or terminal connected.

      Bob Grieb

      --- Sellam Ismail <sellam@...> wrote:

      > So I finally got an Ithaca Intersystems DPS-1, something I've been
      > after
      > for quite some time.
      >
      > Some guy in NY came across my VCF want listing
      > (http://www.vintage.org/donate.php#stuff) and contacted me. He was
      > so
      > nice he even paid for the shipping costs.
      >
      > The DPS-1 is a nice machine as far as S-100 systems with the full
      > front
      > panel go. I'm guessing by the number of people I know to have one (1
      > or
      > 2) and how long it took me to find one (say 9 years, with only one
      > spotting on eBay that I can remember) I'd say it's pretty uncommon at
      >
      > least (rare is certainly appropriate).
      >
      > So my question for you MARCHins is, how many of yuz have one?
      >
      > --
      >
      > Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
      > Festival

      > International Man of Intrigue and Danger
      > http://www.vintage.org
      >
      > [ Old computing resources for business || Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage
      > Computers ]
      > [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at
      > http://marketplace.vintage.org ]

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Bob Grieb
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
        Evan,

        Ithaca, NY is not exactly Mid-Atlantic.
        It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

        Bob Grieb

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2008
          Sellam,

          Geez I wish you had said something. I had three of those under the back porch along with a DPS-0, but the tarp leaked and they melted into PCjr's. ;-)

          Jim

          So I finally got an Ithaca Intersystems DPS-1, something I've been after
          for quite some time.

          Some guy in NY came across my VCF want listing
          (http://www.vintage.org/donate.php#stuff) and contacted me.  He was so
          nice he even paid for the shipping costs.

          The DPS-1 is a nice machine as far as S-100 systems with the full front
          panel go.  I'm guessing by the number of people I know to have one (1 or
          2) and how long it took me to find one (say 9 years, with only one
          spotting on eBay that I can remember) I'd say it's pretty uncommon at
          least (rare is certainly appropriate).

          So my question for you MARCHins is, how many of yuz have one?

          --

          Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)