[Fwd: RE: March 8th - Provide some sample prices?]

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
      Here is the reply I received. I am not sure what to say, the original
      impression I got from Jim was "cheap cheap cheap!"...but he's not helping
      build confidence without specifics. As you know, I don't plan to go
      myself, but if you're on the fence, please contact
      jim.ingelsby@... directly, let him know what you think - nicely
      :-) - remember you're representing MARCH.

      Subject: RE: March 8th - Provide some sample prices?
      From: "Jim Ingelsby" <jim.ingelsby@...>
      Date: Mon, March 3, 2008 4:14 pm
      To: billdeg@...
      Cc: "Steve Gifford" <steveg@...>
      "Dave During" <davidd@...>

      Bill,

      IN regards to the March 8th Vintage Computer Festival at our Warehouse,
      so far as sample prices and all it depends on what people are interested
      in..I don't have a price sheet. We just price things out as people
      become interested in a particular product. My impression is many of the
      attendees don't want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks for a
      Mainframe Computer and other Rare finds that we have in the Warehouse.
      To make it worth my time and me making calls to Steve at his home on a
      Saturday we would hope that this sale would yield $2-3K.Please Advise.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
        It sounds like we might walk away with some purchases, but not the $2k he's expecting.  Most
        of us are not looking for mainframes  However, we can spin it that we're trying to get a better idea
        of what's there that might be of interest to other members, which might generate future sales.
        This place is close enough so that if someone wants a specific piece of metal, I can drive up on
        a lunch break and buy it.  Ie, those guys don't have to take time off on a Saturday to do the
        transaction.

        The other thing we can suggest is that some of their items might sell at TCF if they wanted to
        load it up.

        I still plan on going.

        Bob

        jim.ingelsby@ dlcsinc.com directly, let him know what you think - nicely