Re: [midatlanticretro] Yesterday 10 years after newton's death

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
      Yes, the Zoomer was so slow as to be almost unusable. The processor was an 8088 (maybe 80C88). Some fun memories: someone found a hack that allowed customization beyond what Casio and Tandy had in mind. And some idiot from Zoom modems would come into the CompuServe forum where Zoomer owners hung out and post messages that any reference to "Zoomer" **obviously** really meant a Zoom modem and not some handheld device that was not allowed to use the Zoomer name. Only initial production had the Zoomer name printed on the device.

      I'll still bet that Zoomers today are "even more rarer" than Newtons.

      Jim

      From:  Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...>
      Subj:  [midatlanticretro] Yesterday 10 years after newton's death
      Date:  Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 pm
      Size:  991 bytes
      To:  midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

      I still have the Sharp one,, I bet thats rare

      http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/27/the-10th-anniversary-of-the-newtons-death/

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: