VCF East 5.0 / Museum Grand Opening -- README :)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2008
      Message
      Hi all,

      You can consider this a "beta" announcement.

      If there aren't any MAJOR objections, then we're looking at the weekend of September 13-14 this year for VCF East 5.0, coinciding with the GRAND OPENING of our museum space.

      "How come September," you're wondering?

      A few reasons ... 1., we want the most possible time to prepare the museum; 2., we also have to do Trenton and HOPE this spring/summer; 3., yes parents will have kids/school to deal with, but honestly, kids are busy all year long these days anyhow; 4., the folks who run VCF Midwest moved their show to the springtime this year so by doing September we'll space things out between Midwest and California; 5., InfoAge's facilities will be in even better shape by then.

      Here is what I'm thinking schedule-wise:

      Saturday:
      - Morning lecture or two
      - Mid-day Grand Opening ceremony
      - Afternoon tours and (to be determind)
      - Evening dinner

      Sunday:
      - No lectures -- VCF exhibits open all day!

      Several people requested technical workshops so we'll try to plan something.

      Feedback strongly encouraged.  Please keep it on-topic.  Please don't object to the actual dates unless it's something HUGE.

      - Evan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2008
        Message
        PS - no theme this year -- that idea about "years ending in 8" was just wacky.  (What idiot suggested that?  Umm ... nevermind.)

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
          I can't wait!

        • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
            A how to on software to drive older machines?
            Including methods of keeping disks fresh?
            For the potential hobbiest.
            bs

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
              Message
              Okay then ... no major objections ... some details obviously still to be worked out ... so I'm going to announce this on cctalk and on the VC Forum now.