Tandy stuff up for grabs

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16, 2008
      Tandy stuff up for grabs All:

          I need to make room for some other things, so I’d like to trade off some of my random Tandy stuff. I have two Model I keyboard units (4k and 16l), two expansion interfaces, one floppy drive, two monitors, a box of random parts and a Model III (silver case, 48k single-drive). I haven’t played with these in a while but they were working when I used them last. The Model III I just got from my in-laws as we were cleaning their basement in preparation for selling the house. I think it works, but I’d have to test it to be sure.

          I would prefer this to be a local pickup (because of the weight). I’m on Long Island. I’m looking for an ASCII serial/parallel keyboard for my IMSAI (like the IMSAI IKB-1) and a plastic case for my KIM-1.

          If anyone’s interested, give me a shout. I’d really hate to trash the Trash-80 stuff (no pun intended of course).

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 16, 2008
        Message
        >>>  I’d really hate to trash

        That ought to be a house rule: no trashing of vintage computer gear, or we kick you out of the club.   :)

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 16, 2008
          hehe, really.
          *sigh*
          If no one takes the Model III, I'll probably end up sending "encouragement" money to you to have it shipped here. Those are interesting systems, and would look nice next to my Kaypro and IBM 5150. As for the other stuff, it is of no interest to me.

          --Ryan

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
            Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff up for grabs Ryan:

                I don’t know if I have a box that’s the right size but I’ll look in the attic and let you know. Send me your zip code and I’ll see how much shipping might be.

            Rich

            Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

            >>> I’d really hate to trash

            That ought to be a house rule: no trashing of vintage computer gear, or we kick you out of the club.   :)

                I need to make room for some other things, so I’d like to trade off some of my random Tandy stuff. I have two Model I keyboard units (4k and 16l), two expansion interfaces, one floppy drive, two monitors, a box of random parts and a Model III (silver case, 48k single-drive). I haven’t played with these in a while but they were working when I used them last. The Model III I just got from my in-laws as we were cleaning their basement in preparation for selling the house. I think it works, but I’d have to test it to be sure.

                I would prefer this to be a local pickup (because of the weight). I’m on Long Island. I’m looking for an ASCII serial/parallel keyboard for my IMSAI (like the IMSAI IKB-1) and a plastic case for my KIM-1.

                If anyone’s interested, give me a shout. I’d really hate to trash the Trash-80 stuff (no pun intended of course).

            Rich

            --
            Rich Cini
            Collector of Classic Computers
            http://www.altair32.com <http://www.altair32.com/>
            http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

            Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ >

            Rich

            --
            Rich Cini
            Collector of Classic Computers
            http://www.altair32.com
            http://www.classiccmp.org/cini
          • Kelly Leavitt
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
              Rich:
                If no one else claims the model I stuff let me know. I don't need more (except for floppy drives), but I don't want it to go to the scapper. I'm located in New Jersey, but have been known to venture out your way.

              Kelly

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

            • Ryan Harvey
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
                Rich,

                My zipcode is 75067. Waay down in Texas. Though if it is more convinent for you, seems you wouldn't have to ship it,  Kelly is also interested in the system. My feeling wouldn't be hurt if you'd rather not ship.

                --Ryan

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
                  Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff up for grabs Revised estimate...about $46. I found a box, included a bunch of manuals and measured the box. I guessed on the weight (45#).

                  Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                  >>> I’d really hate to trash

                  That ought to be a house rule: no trashing of vintage computer gear, or we kick you out of the club.   :)

                      I need to make room for some other things, so I’d like to trade off some of my random Tandy stuff. I have two Model I keyboard units (4k and 16l), two expansion interfaces, one floppy drive, two monitors, a box of random parts and a Model III (silver case, 48k single-drive). I haven’t played with these in a while but they were working when I used them last. The Model III I just got from my in-laws as we were cleaning their basement in preparation for selling the house. I think it works, but I’d have to test it to be sure.

                      I would prefer this to be a local pickup (because of the weight). I’m on Long Island. I’m looking for an ASCII serial/parallel keyboard for my IMSAI (like the IMSAI IKB-1) and a plastic case for my KIM-1.

                      If anyone’s interested, give me a shout. I’d really hate to trash the Trash-80 stuff (no pun intended of course).

                  Rich

                  --
                  Rich Cini
                  Collector of Classic Computers
                  http://www.altair32.com <http://www.altair32.com/>  <http://www.altair32.com/>
                  http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

                   Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

                  Rich

                  --
                  Rich Cini
                  Collector of Classic Computers
                  http://www.altair32.com <http://www.altair32.com/>
                  http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

                  Never miss a thing.   Make Yahoo your homepage. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

                  Rich

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
                    Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff up for grabs Oops sorry...forgot to cut and paste the right email address.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
                      Rich,

                      What manuals and disks are included? Also, do you have any pictures? I can pay you hopefully around Saturday. I get paid on Friday, and will be going to the bank. I expect my money to become useable the next day.

                      --Ryan

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
                        Message
                        This should be a private exchange between you both.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 18, 2008
                          Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff up for grabs Yes, that’s why I apologized for hitting send too quickly. Again, sorry.

                          Evan  Koblentz <evan@...>  wrote:

                          >>> I’d really hate to trash

                          That ought to be a  house rule: no trashing of vintage computer gear, or we kick you out  of the club.    :)

                              I  need to make room for some other things, so I’d like to trade off  some of my random Tandy stuff. I have two Model I keyboard units  (4k and 16l), two expansion interfaces, one floppy drive, two  monitors, a box of random parts and a Model III (silver case, 48k  single-drive). I haven’t played with these in a while but  they were working when I used them last. The Model III I just got  from my in-laws as we were cleaning their basement in preparation  for selling the house. I think it works, but I’d have to test it  to be sure.

                              I would prefer this to  be a local pickup (because of the weight). I’m on Long Island. I’m  looking for an ASCII serial/parallel keyboard for my IMSAI (like  the IMSAI IKB-1) and a plastic case for my  KIM-1.

                              If anyone’s interested, give  me a shout. I’d really hate to trash the Trash-80 stuff (no pun  intended of course).

                          Rich

                          --
                          Rich  Cini
                          Collector of Classic Computers
                          Build Master and lead  engineer, Altair32 Emulator
                          http://www.altair32.com <http://www.altair32.com/>   <http://www.altair32.com/>   <http://www.altair32.com/>
                          http://www.classiccmp.org/cini

                           Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!  Mobile.  Try it now. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ  > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

                          Rich