DataLink MiniComputer Surplus Day - Sat. March 8th

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
      DataLink MiniComputer Surplus Day - Sat. March 8th
      10AM - 1PM

      I hope that this is a good day for most of you. This will be a group buy
      so that we can get the best price, but everyone will be responsible for
      their share in cash. I will contact everyone who has contacted me
      directly to follow up with them.

      There's a truck loading doc, and I requested that they provide a forklift
      operator, normally they don't have one on a Saturday.

      This is the low point in price for most of these items, prior to becoming
      "vintage" - most are in the middle period between vintage and modern. As
      a result the prices for even complete systems will be in the $hundreds,
      not $thousands, should be some great bargains. Bring a truck if you plan
      to haul off a IBM RS6000 rack.

      What's available:
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/temp/

      You can contact Jim (below) to inquire/reserve items. This will help them
      get everything together.

      609 702 9300
      Jim Ingelsby
      jim.ingelsby@...
      DataLink
      122A Burrs Road
      Westhampton, NJ 08060
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
        I just got this from Jim:

        >Bill,
        >We have a recycle Run lined up for next Week.
        >\The machines so far that we have set aside for that run are the Amdahls
        >(7), the Comten 3691 and Ncr Machines, and a few other strays..SO
        >needless to say finding out what the group is interested in will help me
        >before send the stuff to recycle.
        >Jim

        ...if you want any of these, please let him/me know.

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
          As a follow up, these items will be scrapped next week. If you want
          these, you have to get them this Sat.
          Bill

          > I just got this from Jim:
          >
          >>Bill,
          >>We have a recycle Run lined up for next Week.
          >>\The machines so far that we have set aside for that run are the Amdahls
          >>(7), the Comten 3691 and Ncr Machines, and a few other strays..SO
          >>needless to say finding out what the group is interested in will help me
          >>before send the stuff to recycle.
          >>Jim
          >

          > ...if you want any of these, please let him/me know.
          >
          > Bill
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
            Dam, I have reserve training this weekend.

            --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

            > As a follow up, these items will be scrapped next
            > week. If you want
            > these, you have to get them this Sat.
            > Bill
            >
            > > I just got this from Jim:
            > >
            > >>Bill,
            > >>We have a recycle Run lined up for next Week.
            > >>\The machines so far that we have set aside for
            > that run are the Amdahls
            > >>(7), the Comten 3691 and Ncr Machines, and a few
            > other strays..SO
            > >>needless to say finding out what the group is
            > interested in will help me
            > >>before send the stuff to recycle.
            > >>Jim
            > >

            > > ...if you want any of these, please let him/me
            > know.
            > >
            > > Bill
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2008
              anyone interested in going this weekend?
              bd

              > Dam, I have reserve training this weekend.
              >

              > --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
              >
              >> As a follow up, these items will be scrapped next
              >> week. If you want
              >> these, you have to get them this Sat.
              >> Bill
              >>
              >> > I just got this from Jim:

              >> that run are the Amdahls
              >> other strays..SO
              >> interested in will help me
              >> >

              >> > ...if you want any of these, please let him/me
              >> know.
              >> >
              >> > Bill
              >> >

              >> > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Allain
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
                > anyone interested in going this weekend?
                > bd

                A little too far for me maybe, but somebodies Gotta go.
                I talked to Jim, he sounds extremely reasonable and he says that the great
                majority of the Excel list is still there.

                I could put up a few bucks to acquire some Digital thing on the list,
                depending
                on what it is. Sounds like the heavist discounting is on the oldest items,
                and
                most of them aren't small.

                Things that are >10y-o and <100 lb would be the best finds.

                I'd be most interested in what that
                "DEC ? (verry old)" is on line 351 of 'Whole Unit Inventory.xls'
                I'll keep my cellphone on all Saturday if you want to network.

                John A.
              • Bob Applegate
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
                  I was planning on going on March 8th.  Since there isn't a strong concensus about going tomorrow, I'm going
                  to wait a couple weeks and go when more people will be there.

                  If someone decides they really want to go tomorrow, email me and I'll get in touch with you.

                  Bob

                  > anyone interested in going this weekend?
                  > bd

                  A little too far for me maybe, but somebodies Gotta go.
                  I talked to Jim, he sounds extremely reasonable and he says that the great
                  majority of the Excel list is still there.

                  I could put up a few bucks to acquire some Digital thing on the list,
                  depending
                  on what it is. Sounds like the heavist discounting is on the oldest items,
                  and
                  most of them aren't small.

                  Things that are >10y-o and <100 lb would be the best finds.

                  I'd be most interested in what that
                  "DEC ? (verry old)" is on line 351 of 'Whole Unit Inventory.xls'
                  I'll keep my cellphone on all Saturday if you want to network.

                  John A.

                    > anyone interested in going this weekend?
                    > bd

                    A little too far for me maybe, but somebodies Gotta go.
                    I talked to Jim, he sounds extremely reasonable and he says that the great
                    majority of the Excel list is still there.

                    I could put up a few bucks to acquire some Digital thing on the list,
                    depending
                    on what it is. Sounds like the heavist discounting is on the oldest items,
                    and
                    most of them aren't small.

                    Things that are >10y-o and <100 lb would be the best finds.

                    I'd be most interested in what that
                    "DEC ? (verry old)" is on line 351 of 'Whole Unit Inventory.xls'
                    I'll keep my cellphone on all Saturday if you want to network.

                    John A.

                  • Bob Grieb
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 16, 2008
                      Bill,

                      Normally, I would have been able to go today with no
                      problem, but my father just went into the hospital and
                      my mother can't be alone, so that takes precedence.
                      I hope to join everyone on the 8th of March.

                      Bob Grieb

                      P.S. Sorry about the old grieb@... address.
                      I guess that's still floating around somewhere.

                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 16, 2008
                        Bob,
                        My best wishes to your father. I will touch base soon about returning the
                        two chips I borrowed, your visit here, etc. I ordered a soldering station.
                        Bill