Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for a Copy of "Direct Access"

  • Christian R. Fandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
      Matt and Bill:

      I've got Xtree Pro Gold (the very last version) on hand. I still use it on my DOS/win3.x machines. Never went without it until . . . . windoze 95 struck :(  Always upgraded from the early 1.x versions as it became for me such a flexible file manager/program launch system I needed in my busy day at work.

      OT Department:

      Incidentally, does anybody know of ZTreeWin? It's a very XTree Gold-like app which runs under the recent windoze systems. Runs nicely on XP and the user interface is almost completely indistinguishable from that found on a DOS box. Google "ZTreeWin" and you should find it. No relation to the company/author, etc. Just a pleased user.

      Regards,  Chris F.

      NNNN

      Upon the date 07:50 PM 2/11/2008, B. Degnan said something like:
      At 04:15 AM 2/11/2008 +0000, you wrote:
      Hi all,

      I am looking for a program called Direct Access by 5th generation
      systems it is a dos shell program that I used on my first dos PC an
      IBM PC XT. I would like to get a copy of it for my AT&T PC6300 also
      looking for copies of 2 0ther programs. XTree Gold a dos tree type
      filing system program, and PFS Professional Write (also the first word
      processor I used). Any help would be appreciated,

      Thanks,

      Matt

      I checked.  I have an original PFS Professional File, but not Write.  I also have PFS Report, PFS File, and PFS Plan.  I may have a non-original copy somewhere and I will try to remember.  I am pretty sure I have Xtree Gold, but it must be installed on some PC or XT, I could not find the disks in the IBM section of my program inventory.

      Bill

      Christian Fandt,    Electronic/Electrical Historian
      Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt@...
              Member of Antique Wireless Association