Re: [midatlanticretro] Amdahl

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 11, 2008

      I think the   a n a l ytical    engine was used for this.
      It sounds more impressive than buttload calculator.
      :)

      =Dan
      sorry,couldn't resist

      Jim Scheef wrote:
      Babbage used Imperial buttloads?! Wow! I didn't know that. You know, you learn something every day. ;-)

      Jim

      Actually I think both the Difference Engine and the Analytical Engine were decimal - one of the many things that made the latter so complex.