RE: [midatlanticretro] Big stuff to think about

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 11 5:17 PM
      >>> The performance improvement was amazing!

      Makes sense to me.   :)

      Yeah, it is sad that they closed.  You'd think that in the Boston/Cambridge area, there would be enough support.  Also, there are still a lot of results if you search for the museum on Google, so people probably get confused.

      Beside the Science Museum (which is mainly for kids), there is also the MIT Museum up there.  I've heard rumors that the HP campus on Rt. 128 -- formerly a Compaq campus, and DEC before that -- has some neat things on display.  But haven't seen that for myself.

      MIT's Tech Model Railroad Club is still going strong and its doors are often open to the public.  Rumor has it that Alan Kotok still shows up now and then.   http://www.w3.org/People/all#kotok