Re: [midatlanticretro] Field Trip to the Surplus MiniComputer @DataLink

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2008
      > Yes, I'm just kidding... moving a beast like that would not be fun.

      Fun depends on your viewpoint.
      I have moved 2 VAX-6000's, one intact, one in pieces.
      With One or Zero helpers. More people could accomplish plenty.

      I'm interested in going but as observed the weight/age factor makes them
      somewhat irrelevant for MARCH. A few select Suns may be a good choice.
      Many individuals might want to kick themselves for passing on this in 10~20
      years.

      John A.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2008
        > With One or Zero helpers. More people could accomplish plenty.
        >
        > I'm interested in going but as observed the weight/age factor makes them
        > somewhat irrelevant for MARCH. A few select Suns may be a good choice.
        > Many individuals might want to kick themselves for passing on this in
        > 10~20
        > years.

        That's my sentiment...they're NOT vintage, but they're headed for the
        scrap heap, as will be most servers of this era.

        bd
      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2008
          > > Many individuals might want to kick themselves for passing on this
          > in
          > > 10~20
          > > years.

          Of course anyone who *doesn't* pass on it may have to deal with
          having their wife kick them for the next 10-20 years.

          Be a better friend, newshound, and