Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: minis and mainframe pictures

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 6, 2008
      From: Mike Loewen, February 06, 2008 7:14 AM
      > He's been selling the larger systems on Ebay, seller 'dlcs3'.
      > Maybe you could contact him.

      10 of the LARGE'er machines are up on eBay right now
      for $100 each.

      Location: Westampton, NJ
      "I'm not a tech so I have no way of testing these babies so they are going
      to be sold on an As-Is basis..IF you have any questions feel fre to email or
      call 609-702-9300 X 220 Jim" (from 160204758512)

      John A.

      re: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdlcs3
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 6, 2008
        John Allain <allain@...> wrote :

        > From: Mike Loewen, February 06, 2008 7:14 AM
        > > He's been selling the larger systems on Ebay, seller 'dlcs3'.
        > > Maybe you could contact him.
        >
        > 10 of the LARGE'er machines are up on eBay right now
        > for $100 each.
        >
        > Location: Westampton, NJ
        > "I'm not a tech so I have no way of testing these babies so they are going
        > to be sold on an As-Is basis..IF you have any questions feel fre to email or
        > call 609-702-9300 X 220 Jim" (from 160204758512)

        Hmmm... Westampton is very close to here. I wonder who this fellow is? If
        someone wants me to take a look at something, maybe I could call this guy and
        ask if I could go over to see it. If someone on the list wins something, let
        me know and I could meet you there to load it.

        Bob

        ___________________________________
        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 6, 2008
          That's him...Maybe we should have a field trip and take some trucks.
          bd

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 6, 2008
            At 06:07 PM 2/6/2008 -0500, you wrote:
            >John Allain <allain@...> wrote :
            >
            > > From: Mike Loewen, February 06, 2008 7:14 AM
            > > > He's been selling the larger systems on Ebay, seller 'dlcs3'.
            > > > Maybe you could contact him.
            > >
            > > 10 of the LARGE'er machines are up on eBay right now
            > > for $100 each.
            > >
            > > Location: Westampton, NJ
            > > "I'm not a tech so I have no way of testing these babies so they
            > are going
            > > to be sold on an As-Is basis..IF you have any questions feel fre to
            > email or
            > > call 609-702-9300 X 220 Jim" (from 160204758512)
            >
            >Hmmm... Westampton is very close to here. I wonder who this fellow is? If
            >someone wants me to take a look at something, maybe I could call this guy and
            >ask if I could go over to see it. If someone on the list wins something, let
            >me know and I could meet you there to load it.

            I have seen for myself, there are 4500 parts and/or systems. It's a huge
            warehouse of late 80's early 90's pre-vintage servers. Dawn of moden
            Internet stuff. Early web hosting servers, etc.

            see vintagecomputer.net/temp/

            If anyone wants to go, let me know any maybe we can organize a group
            buy/assist in identification.

            It's just off the Jersey Turnpike exit for rt 541/ 630 in between
            Willingboro and Mt. Holly. What I call Pemberton or Lumberton. I have
            space in my Honda for one mini, heck a $100 it's worth it.

            Bill
          • Bob Grieb
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 7, 2008
              Bill,

              I'm not interested in a Sun server, but
              since I live maybe 20 mins or so from there,
              I could perhaps pick up something and store it
              temporarily, or just help someone else load
              stuff if needed.

              Bob Grieb

              --- "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

              > At 06:07 PM 2/6/2008 -0500, you wrote:
              > >John Allain <allain@...> wrote :
              > >
              > > > From: Mike Loewen, February 06, 2008 7:14 AM
              > 'dlcs3'.
              > > >
              > > > 10 of the LARGE'er machines are up on eBay right now
              > > > for $100 each.
              > > >
              > > > Location: Westampton, NJ
              > > > "I'm not a tech so I have no way of testing these babies so
              > they
              > > are going
              > > > to be sold on an As-Is basis..IF you have any questions feel fre
              > > email or
              > > > call 609-702-9300 X 220 Jim" (from 160204758512)
              > >
              > >Hmmm... Westampton is very close to here. I wonder who this fellow
              > is? If
              > >someone wants me to take a look at something, maybe I could call
              > this guy and
              > >ask if I could go over to see it. If someone on the list wins
              > something, let
              > >me know and I could meet you there to load it.
              >

              > I have seen for myself, there are 4500 parts and/or systems. It's a
              > huge
              > warehouse of late 80's early 90's pre-vintage servers. Dawn of moden
              >
              > Internet stuff. Early web hosting servers, etc.
              >
              > see vintagecomputer.net/temp/
              >
              > If anyone wants to go, let me know any maybe we can organize a group
              > buy/assist in identification.
              >
              > It's just off the Jersey Turnpike exit for rt 541/ 630 in between
              > Willingboro and Mt. Holly. What I call Pemberton or Lumberton. I
              > have
              > space in my Honda for one mini, heck a $100 it's worth it.
              >
              > Bill

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            • Bob Applegate
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 7, 2008
                I deleted the long chain of emails...

                I got word back from this fellow.  He says we're welcome to come tour the warehouse and see what's of interest:
                    "Yes you can come on out any day of the week and see my wonderful 15,000 sq ft. "Computer Junkyard."
                    I'm at 609-702-9300 X220 "

                If others want to go see it, let me know and we can try to meet up there.

                Bob

              • Herb Johnson
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 8, 2008
                  "Bob Applegate" <bob@...> wrote:

                  > I deleted the long chain of emails...
                  >
                  > I got word back from this fellow. He says we're welcome to come
                  tour the warehouse and see what's of interest:

                  > If others want to go see it, let me know and we can try to meet up
                  there.

                  > Bob

                  I am not far from there. I emailed Bob my schedule, I'd probably meet
                  others there on the selected day. Not much there to interest me but it
                  would be a nice outing. Some odd stuff there might be saleable by me
                  in the Apple Mac world. The Sun and SGI stuff (most often mentioned
                  here) that I saw in the photos was either too big or already common
                  and not valuable.

                  No comments on "someday it will be valuable".

                  Herb Johnson
                  retrotechnology.com