Re: [midatlanticretro] Trenton flea market

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > had to take the bus or walk across the large field for the show. We sold
      > some stuff because it would pay for the space. We really needed the parking
      > because all the stuff we bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the
      > minivan.
      >
      > HA!! That's a great story, thanks for sharing.
      >
      > Our main activity at Trenton is setting up a couple of tables for demos
      > inside. They usually have a special part of the floor for user groups --
      > PC, Linux, Mac, ACM, etc., so we fit right in.
      >
      > Our main pitch at Trenton to newbies is, "If you think these few demos are
      > cool, then check out our own show and museum..."

      And don't forget lots of "oooh, aaaah"s.. :D

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Dan Roganti

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
          Dan Roganti wrote:

          > practice your "ooooh's...n aaaahhh's" here
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKwU0nbeaA
          >
          > :)
          Thank-you! :D I need to start working on those now for the glorious TCF!

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 7, 2008
            Dan,

            Who IS that guy?!!

            Jim

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2008

              oh yea,
              I think that's the ol' venerable vintage vagebond that hangs around all the computer festivals seeking work for food with programming old machines.
              :)

              =Dan

              Jim Scheef wrote:
              Dan,

              Who IS that guy?!!

              Jim

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                People will give food?

                I think that's the ol' venerable vintage vagebond that hangs around all the computer festivals seeking work for food with programming old machines.
                :)

                =Dan

                Jim Scheef wrote:
                Dan,

                Who IS that guy?!!

                Jim

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                  http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/zip/568605876.html

                  AS400 9406-600 (Pickup Pending)

                  Reply to: sale-568605876@...
                  Date: 2008-02-09, 4:44PM EST

                  Working AS400 9406-600. It was pulled from a working
                  environment.
                  It comes up fine and has OS V4R5 and other software
                  installed. It has 384 MB memory and 10 disk drives.
                  The cards inside are: Disk Controller 2726 Twinax 2720
                  Ethernet 2723 WS IOP 2809 Mag Tape controller 2729
                  Just the box, no terminal The unit runs on 220V. No
                  questions, just come pick it up. Bring some muscle,
                  because it's very heavy.

                  Location: Bronx, Baychester
                  it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
                  other commercial interests

                  PostingID: 568605876

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                    Nice! But I don't think me and Kelly's wife can lift this one into the
                    minivan...

                    Working AS400 9406-600. It was pulled from a working environment.
                    It comes up fine and has OS V4R5 and other software
                    installed. It has 384 MB memory and 10 disk drives.
                    The cards inside are: Disk Controller 2726 Twinax 2720
                    Ethernet 2723 WS IOP 2809 Mag Tape controller 2729
                    Just the box, no terminal The unit runs on 220V. No
                    questions, just come pick it up. Bring some muscle,
                    because it's very heavy.

                    Location: Bronx, Baychester
                    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
                    other commercial interests

                    PostingID: 568605876

                    ________
                    Be a better friend, newshound, and