RE: [midatlanticretro] Trenton flea market

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
      >>> used to get a space just for the parking. This was a while back when you
      had to take the bus or walk across the large field for the show. We sold
      some stuff because it would pay for the space. We really needed the parking
      because all the stuff we bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the
      minivan.

      HA!! That's a great story, thanks for sharing.

      Our main activity at Trenton is setting up a couple of tables for demos
      inside. They usually have a special part of the floor for user groups --
      PC, Linux, Mac, ACM, etc., so we fit right in.

      Our main pitch at Trenton to newbies is, "If you think these few demos are
      cool, then check out our own show and museum..."

      Brian Cirulnick and I used to get a space just for the
      parking. This was a while back when you had to take
      the bus or walk across the large field for the show.

      We sold some stuff because it would pay for the space.

      We really needed the parking because all the stuff we
      bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the minivan.

      I think we paid like $35 back then. It was something
      really cheap.

      Then they raised it to like $70 and most of the little
      guys left and the flea market was people selling new
      stuff rather than old stuff.

      I stopped going, but if you guys are going to be there
      I want to check it out.

      --- Evan <evan@...> wrote:

      > That's up to you guys, as with last year.
      > Personally I don't think it is worth the effort,
      > because our traffic indoors warrants the extra MARCH
      > staff, and because every year ya'll point out how
      > much better the flea market * used to be * ...

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
        Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > had to take the bus or walk across the large field for the show. We sold
        > some stuff because it would pay for the space. We really needed the parking
        > because all the stuff we bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the
        > minivan.
        >
        > HA!! That's a great story, thanks for sharing.
        >
        > Our main activity at Trenton is setting up a couple of tables for demos
        > inside. They usually have a special part of the floor for user groups --
        > PC, Linux, Mac, ACM, etc., so we fit right in.
        >
        > Our main pitch at Trenton to newbies is, "If you think these few demos are
        > cool, then check out our own show and museum..."

        And don't forget lots of "oooh, aaaah"s.. :D

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Dan Roganti

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
            Dan Roganti wrote:

            > practice your "ooooh's...n aaaahhh's" here
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKwU0nbeaA
            >
            > :)
            Thank-you! :D I need to start working on those now for the glorious TCF!

            Cheers,

            Bryan

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 7, 2008
              Dan,

              Who IS that guy?!!

              Jim

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2008

                oh yea,
                I think that's the ol' venerable vintage vagebond that hangs around all the computer festivals seeking work for food with programming old machines.
                :)

                =Dan

                Jim Scheef wrote:
                Dan,

                Who IS that guy?!!

                Jim

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                  People will give food?

                  I think that's the ol' venerable vintage vagebond that hangs around all the computer festivals seeking work for food with programming old machines.
                  :)

                  =Dan

                  Jim Scheef wrote:
                  Dan,

                  Who IS that guy?!!

                  Jim

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                    http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/zip/568605876.html

                    AS400 9406-600 (Pickup Pending)

                    Reply to: sale-568605876@...
                    Date: 2008-02-09, 4:44PM EST

                    Working AS400 9406-600. It was pulled from a working
                    environment.
                    It comes up fine and has OS V4R5 and other software
                    installed. It has 384 MB memory and 10 disk drives.
                    The cards inside are: Disk Controller 2726 Twinax 2720
                    Ethernet 2723 WS IOP 2809 Mag Tape controller 2729
                    Just the box, no terminal The unit runs on 220V. No
                    questions, just come pick it up. Bring some muscle,
                    because it's very heavy.

                    Location: Bronx, Baychester
                    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
                    other commercial interests

                    PostingID: 568605876

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                      Nice! But I don't think me and Kelly's wife can lift this one into the
                      minivan...

                      Working AS400 9406-600. It was pulled from a working environment.
                      It comes up fine and has OS V4R5 and other software
                      installed. It has 384 MB memory and 10 disk drives.
                      The cards inside are: Disk Controller 2726 Twinax 2720
                      Ethernet 2723 WS IOP 2809 Mag Tape controller 2729
                      Just the box, no terminal The unit runs on 220V. No
                      questions, just come pick it up. Bring some muscle,
                      because it's very heavy.

                      Location: Bronx, Baychester
                      it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
                      other commercial interests

                      PostingID: 568605876

                      ________
                      Be a better friend, newshound, and