Trenton flea market

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 5, 2008
      Hello all,

      What about a flea market space like we did last year?

      Jim
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
        That's up to you guys, as with last year. Personally I don't think it is worth the effort, because our traffic indoors warrants the extra MARCH staff, and because every year ya'll point out how much better the flea market * used to be * ...

        Subj: [midatlanticretro] Trenton flea market
        Date: Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:15 am
        Size: 1K
        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
          Do you think it was worth it last year?
          Bill

          At 11:15 PM 2/5/2008 -0800, you wrote:
          Hello all,

          What about a flea market space like we did last year?

          Jim
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
            Thats funny

            Brian Cirulnick and I used to get a space just for the
            parking. This was a while back when you had to take
            the bus or walk across the large field for the show.

            We sold some stuff because it would pay for the space.

            We really needed the parking because all the stuff we
            bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the minivan.

            I think we paid like $35 back then. It was something
            really cheap.

            Then they raised it to like $70 and most of the little
            guys left and the flea market was people selling new
            stuff rather than old stuff.

            I stopped going, but if you guys are going to be there
            I want to check it out.

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
              >>> used to get a space just for the parking. This was a while back when you
              had to take the bus or walk across the large field for the show. We sold
              some stuff because it would pay for the space. We really needed the parking
              because all the stuff we bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the
              minivan.

              HA!! That's a great story, thanks for sharing.

              Our main activity at Trenton is setting up a couple of tables for demos
              inside. They usually have a special part of the floor for user groups --
              PC, Linux, Mac, ACM, etc., so we fit right in.

              Our main pitch at Trenton to newbies is, "If you think these few demos are
              cool, then check out our own show and museum..."

              --- Evan <evan@...> wrote:

              > That's up to you guys, as with last year.
              > Personally I don't think it is worth the effort,
              > because our traffic indoors warrants the extra MARCH
              > staff, and because every year ya'll point out how
              > much better the flea market * used to be * ...

            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
                Evan Koblentz wrote:

                > had to take the bus or walk across the large field for the show. We sold
                > some stuff because it would pay for the space. We really needed the parking
                > because all the stuff we bought, we didn't want to haul it back to the
                > minivan.
                >
                > HA!! That's a great story, thanks for sharing.
                >
                > Our main activity at Trenton is setting up a couple of tables for demos
                > inside. They usually have a special part of the floor for user groups --
                > PC, Linux, Mac, ACM, etc., so we fit right in.
                >
                > Our main pitch at Trenton to newbies is, "If you think these few demos are
                > cool, then check out our own show and museum..."

                And don't forget lots of "oooh, aaaah"s.. :D

                Cheers,

                Bryan
              • Dan Roganti

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 6, 2008
                    Dan Roganti wrote:

                    > practice your "ooooh's...n aaaahhh's" here
                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKwU0nbeaA
                    >
                    > :)
                    Thank-you! :D I need to start working on those now for the glorious TCF!

                    Cheers,

                    Bryan

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 7, 2008
                      Dan,

                      Who IS that guy?!!

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 8, 2008

                        oh yea,
                        I think that's the ol' venerable vintage vagebond that hangs around all the computer festivals seeking work for food with programming old machines.
                        :)

                        =Dan

                        Jim Scheef wrote:
                        Dan,

                        Who IS that guy?!!

                        Jim

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                          People will give food?

                          I think that's the ol' venerable vintage vagebond that hangs around all the computer festivals seeking work for food with programming old machines.
                          :)

                          =Dan

                          Jim Scheef wrote:
                          Dan,

                          Who IS that guy?!!

                          Jim

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                            http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/zip/568605876.html

                            AS400 9406-600 (Pickup Pending)

                            Reply to: sale-568605876@...
                            Date: 2008-02-09, 4:44PM EST

                            Working AS400 9406-600. It was pulled from a working
                            environment.
                            It comes up fine and has OS V4R5 and other software
                            installed. It has 384 MB memory and 10 disk drives.
                            The cards inside are: Disk Controller 2726 Twinax 2720
                            Ethernet 2723 WS IOP 2809 Mag Tape controller 2729
                            Just the box, no terminal The unit runs on 220V. No
                            questions, just come pick it up. Bring some muscle,
                            because it's very heavy.

                            Location: Bronx, Baychester
                            it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
                            other commercial interests

                            PostingID: 568605876

                            Be a better friend, newshound, and
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 9, 2008
                              Nice! But I don't think me and Kelly's wife can lift this one into the
                              minivan...

                              Working AS400 9406-600. It was pulled from a working environment.
                              It comes up fine and has OS V4R5 and other software
                              installed. It has 384 MB memory and 10 disk drives.
                              The cards inside are: Disk Controller 2726 Twinax 2720
                              Ethernet 2723 WS IOP 2809 Mag Tape controller 2729
                              Just the box, no terminal The unit runs on 220V. No
                              questions, just come pick it up. Bring some muscle,
                              because it's very heavy.

                              Location: Bronx, Baychester
                              it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or
                              other commercial interests

                              PostingID: 568605876

                              ________
                              Be a better friend, newshound, and