Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Feb. 20 @ AT&T

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
      At 04:34 AM 2/5/2008 +0000, you wrote:
      >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
      >wrote:
      > >
      > > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
      >power on)
      > > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
      >It's just
      > > that work thing that might prevent it.
      > > Bill
      >---------------
      >
      >Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
      >sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
      >Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
      >those things was sitting on her coffee table.
      >
      >But that was a looooong time ago....

      It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either. The keyboard is
      detachable. I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
      restoration projects. I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
      HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
      Hacker Crackdown book.

      Bill
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
        I have some that I am getting rid of.

        I live in Manhattan so if you are around there, I can
        meet up with you and give them to ya.

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
          Don't forget we have a 3B2 at InfoAge. I was assured by the donor that it works as is.

          Jim

          I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
          >power
          on)

          that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
          >It's
          just

          that work thing that might prevent it.

          Bill
          >---------------
          >
          >Those
          AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
          >sorta'
          looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
          >Sys-admining
          from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
          >those
          things was sitting on her coffee table.

          >But
          that was a looooong time ago....

          It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either.  The keyboard is
          detachable.  I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
          restoration projects.  I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
          HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
          Hacker Crackdown book.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to: