Re: Feb. 20 @ AT&T

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
      wrote:

      > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
      power on)
      > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
      It's just
      > that work thing that might prevent it.
      > Bill
      ---------------

      Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
      sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
      Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
      those things was sitting on her coffee table.

      But that was a looooong time ago....

      TTYL
      Brian C.
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
        At 04:34 AM 2/5/2008 +0000, you wrote:
        >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
        >wrote:
        > >
        > > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
        >power on)
        > > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
        >It's just
        > > that work thing that might prevent it.
        > > Bill
        >---------------
        >
        >Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
        >sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
        >Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
        >those things was sitting on her coffee table.
        >
        >But that was a looooong time ago....

        It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either. The keyboard is
        detachable. I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
        restoration projects. I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
        HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
        Hacker Crackdown book.

        Bill
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
          I have some that I am getting rid of.

          I live in Manhattan so if you are around there, I can
          meet up with you and give them to ya.

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
            Don't forget we have a 3B2 at InfoAge. I was assured by the donor that it works as is.

            Jim

            I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
            >power
            on)

            that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
            >It's
            just

            that work thing that might prevent it.

            Bill
            >---------------
            >
            >Those
            AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
            >sorta'
            looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
            >Sys-admining
            from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
            >those
            things was sitting on her coffee table.

            >But
            that was a looooong time ago....

            It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either.  The keyboard is
            detachable.  I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
            restoration projects.  I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
            HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
            Hacker Crackdown book.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to: