RE: [midatlanticretro] Feb. 20 @ AT&T

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
      Message
      Ryan, save your time and money for a trip to the next VCF East.

      (Announcement about this possibly coming very soon!)
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
        I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet power on) that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.  It's just that work thing that might prevent it.
        Bill

        At 07:39 PM 2/4/2008 -0500, you wrote:
        Hi everyone, just checking in abou this ... Feb. 20 is a go ... I'm meeting Steve that morning at InfoAge, loading up his van, and then we'll be displaying at AT&T (along with other InfoAge groups) from 10-2(-ish).

        My company allows two "We Care" days per year, which I can take off work and it doesn't count against my time off ... cool.

        Anybody else from MARCH want to participate?  It will be fun to get the attention of AT&T nerds all day!
        A minor event ... on Wed., Feb. 20, InfoAge's Steve Goulart and I will be recruiting AT&T employees at their Middletown, N.J. facility where Steve works.  We'll set up a small display in a high-traffic area from about 10:30AM - late afternoon.  Anyone who's interested should let me know...

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
          Message
          I'll write a note to your asshole boss.

          Oh, wait ... you ARE the boss!

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
            wrote:

            > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
            power on)
            > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
            It's just
            > that work thing that might prevent it.
            > Bill
            ---------------

            Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
            sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
            Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
            those things was sitting on her coffee table.

            But that was a looooong time ago....

            TTYL
            Brian C.
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
              At 04:34 AM 2/5/2008 +0000, you wrote:
              >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
              >wrote:
              > >
              > > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
              >power on)
              > > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
              >It's just
              > > that work thing that might prevent it.
              > > Bill
              >---------------
              >
              >Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
              >sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
              >Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
              >those things was sitting on her coffee table.
              >
              >But that was a looooong time ago....

              It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either. The keyboard is
              detachable. I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
              restoration projects. I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
              HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
              Hacker Crackdown book.

              Bill
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                I have some that I am getting rid of.

                I live in Manhattan so if you are around there, I can
                meet up with you and give them to ya.

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                  Don't forget we have a 3B2 at InfoAge. I was assured by the donor that it works as is.

                  Jim

                  I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
                  >power
                  on)

                  that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
                  >It's
                  just

                  that work thing that might prevent it.

                  Bill
                  >---------------
                  >
                  >Those
                  AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
                  >sorta'
                  looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
                  >Sys-admining
                  from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
                  >those
                  things was sitting on her coffee table.

                  >But
                  that was a looooong time ago....

                  It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either.  The keyboard is
                  detachable.  I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
                  restoration projects.  I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
                  HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
                  Hacker Crackdown book.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to: