RE: [midatlanticretro] Feb. 20 @ AT&T

  • Ryan Harvey
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4 5:10 PM
      Damn! I'd love to come, but I don't have the time off school nor $400 for a last minute plane ticket. I suppose those out there with glorious AT&T PC 6300s will be there? Definately a sturdy built PC. So many great things about it, including design, expansion, and a billion other things.

      *sigh* I think I will dial in to a BBS on my 6300 now...

      --Ryan

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4 5:14 PM
        Message
        Ryan, save your time and money for a trip to the next VCF East.

        (Announcement about this possibly coming very soon!)
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4 7:48 PM
          I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet power on) that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.  It's just that work thing that might prevent it.
          Bill

          At 07:39 PM 2/4/2008 -0500, you wrote:
          Hi everyone, just checking in abou this ... Feb. 20 is a go ... I'm meeting Steve that morning at InfoAge, loading up his van, and then we'll be displaying at AT&T (along with other InfoAge groups) from 10-2(-ish).

          My company allows two "We Care" days per year, which I can take off work and it doesn't count against my time off ... cool.

          Anybody else from MARCH want to participate?  It will be fun to get the attention of AT&T nerds all day!
          A minor event ... on Wed., Feb. 20, InfoAge's Steve Goulart and I will be recruiting AT&T employees at their Middletown, N.J. facility where Steve works.  We'll set up a small display in a high-traffic area from about 10:30AM - late afternoon.  Anyone who's interested should let me know...

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4 7:51 PM
            Message
            I'll write a note to your asshole boss.

            Oh, wait ... you ARE the boss!

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4 8:34 PM
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
              wrote:

              > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
              power on)
              > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
              It's just
              > that work thing that might prevent it.
              > Bill
              ---------------

              Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
              sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
              Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
              those things was sitting on her coffee table.

              But that was a looooong time ago....

              TTYL
              Brian C.
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5 5:18 AM
                At 04:34 AM 2/5/2008 +0000, you wrote:
                >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
                >wrote:
                > >
                > > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
                >power on)
                > > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
                >It's just
                > > that work thing that might prevent it.
                > > Bill
                >---------------
                >
                >Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
                >sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
                >Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
                >those things was sitting on her coffee table.
                >
                >But that was a looooong time ago....

                It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either. The keyboard is
                detachable. I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
                restoration projects. I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
                HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
                Hacker Crackdown book.

                Bill
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5 5:51 AM
                  I have some that I am getting rid of.

                  I live in Manhattan so if you are around there, I can
                  meet up with you and give them to ya.

                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5 10:51 PM
                    Don't forget we have a 3B2 at InfoAge. I was assured by the donor that it works as is.

                    Jim

                    I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
                    >power
                    on)

                    that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
                    >It's
                    just

                    that work thing that might prevent it.

                    Bill
                    >---------------
                    >
                    >Those
                    AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
                    >sorta'
                    looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
                    >Sys-admining
                    from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
                    >those
                    things was sitting on her coffee table.

                    >But
                    that was a looooong time ago....

                    It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either.  The keyboard is
                    detachable.  I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
                    restoration projects.  I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
                    HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
                    Hacker Crackdown book.

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to: