Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
      OK

      bd

      > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
      >
      >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
      >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
      >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
      >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
      >
      > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
      > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
      >

      > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

    • Brian Cirulnick
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
        wrote:

        > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
        > wrong. :)
        >
        > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
        someplace? (All
        > are welcome, of course.)
        >

        > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
        > >
        > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
        > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
        > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
        > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
        > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
        > >
        > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
        > >
        > > ;-)
        > >
        > > TTYL
        > > Brian C.
        ---------------------------

        Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
        NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
        Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
        in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
        Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
        consider building my personal computer history museum.

        TTYL
        Brian C.
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
          >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
          area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
          get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
          moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
          my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
          history museum.

          Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
          like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

          >>> building my personal computer history museum

          Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
          impressed with our MARCH group museum.
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
            Kelly Leavitt wrote:
            > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

            Me too.

            Peace... Sridhar