Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
      On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

      > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
      > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
      > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
      > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

      I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
      in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
        OK

        bd

        > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
        >
        >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
        >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
        >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
        >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
        >
        > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
        > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
        >

        > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      • Brian Cirulnick
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
          wrote:

          > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
          > wrong. :)
          >
          > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
          someplace? (All
          > are welcome, of course.)
          >

          > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
          > >
          > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
          > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
          > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
          > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
          > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
          > >
          > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
          > >
          > > ;-)
          > >
          > > TTYL
          > > Brian C.
          ---------------------------

          Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
          NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
          Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
          in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
          Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
          consider building my personal computer history museum.

          TTYL
          Brian C.
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
            >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
            area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
            get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
            moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
            my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
            history museum.

            Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
            like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

            >>> building my personal computer history museum

            Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
            impressed with our MARCH group museum.
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
              Kelly Leavitt wrote:
              > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

              Me too.

              Peace... Sridhar