RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
      I will see what I can do.
      BD

      > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
      > and condition.

    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
        On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

        > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
        > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
        > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
        > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

        I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
        in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
          OK

          bd

          > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
          >
          >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
          >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
          >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
          >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
          >
          > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
          > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
          >

          > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

        • Brian Cirulnick
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
            wrote:

            > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
            > wrong. :)
            >
            > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
            someplace? (All
            > are welcome, of course.)
            >

            > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
            > >
            > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
            > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
            > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
            > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
            > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
            > >
            > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
            > >
            > > ;-)
            > >
            > > TTYL
            > > Brian C.
            ---------------------------

            Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
            NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
            Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
            in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
            Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
            consider building my personal computer history museum.

            TTYL
            Brian C.
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
              >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
              area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
              get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
              moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
              my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
              history museum.

              Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
              like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

              >>> building my personal computer history museum

              Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
              impressed with our MARCH group museum.
            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                Me too.

                Peace... Sridhar