RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
      Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
        I will see what I can do.
        BD

        > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
        > and condition.

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
          On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

          > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
          > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
          > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
          > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

          I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
          in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
            OK

            bd

            > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
            >
            >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
            >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
            >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
            >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
            >
            > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
            > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
            >

            > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

          • Brian Cirulnick
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
              wrote:

              > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
              > wrong. :)
              >
              > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
              someplace? (All
              > are welcome, of course.)
              >

              > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
              > >
              > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
              > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
              > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
              > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
              > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
              > >
              > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
              > >
              > > ;-)
              > >
              > > TTYL
              > > Brian C.
              ---------------------------

              Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
              NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
              Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
              in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
              Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
              consider building my personal computer history museum.

              TTYL
              Brian C.
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                history museum.

                Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                >>> building my personal computer history museum

                Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                impressed with our MARCH group museum.
              • Sridhar Ayengar
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                  Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                  > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                  Me too.

                  Peace... Sridhar