Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
      Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
      wrong. :)

      Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
      are welcome, of course.)

      > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
      >
      > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
      > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
      > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
      > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
      > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
      >
      > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
      >
      > ;-)
      >
      > TTYL
      > Brian C.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
        Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

        > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
        > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com <http://www.obsolyte.com/> -- devoted to
        > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
        > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
        > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
        >
        > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
        >
        > ;-)

        nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
        Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
        anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
        South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
        bd
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
          I will see what I can do.
          BD

          > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
          > and condition.

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
            On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

            > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
            > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
            > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
            > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

            I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
            in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
              OK

              bd

              > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
              >
              >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
              >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
              >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
              >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
              >
              > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
              > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
              >

              > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

            • Brian Cirulnick
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                wrote:

                > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                > wrong. :)
                >
                > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                someplace? (All
                > are welcome, of course.)
                >

                > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                > >
                > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                > >
                > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                > >
                > > ;-)
                > >
                > > TTYL
                > > Brian C.
                ---------------------------

                Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                consider building my personal computer history museum.

                TTYL
                Brian C.
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                  >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                  area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                  get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                  moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                  my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                  history museum.

                  Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                  like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                  >>> building my personal computer history museum

                  Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                  impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                    Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                    > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                    Me too.

                    Peace... Sridhar