Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008

      > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
      > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
      > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
      > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
      > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
      >
      > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
      >
      > ;-)

      nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
      Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
      anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
      South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
      bd
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
        Memories!

        I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

        I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
        the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
        Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

        I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

        Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
        people stop me about.

        When I did the training I took all these pictures of
        Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
        companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
        pictures of all the places that closed.

        Weird.

        --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
        > I'm Brian
        > > Cirulnick, and my website is
        > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
        > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
        > crap also spans
        > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
        > "laptops" and the
        > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
        > >
        > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
        > fill *that* up?
        > >
        > > ;-)
        > >

        > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
        > full of surplus SUN,
        > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
        > 80's early 90's if
        > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
        > prices. Located in
        > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
        > bd

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
          Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
          wrong. :)

          Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
          are welcome, of course.)

          > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
          >
          > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
          > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
          > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
          > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
          > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
          >
          > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
          >
          > ;-)
          >
          > TTYL
          > Brian C.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
            Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
              I will see what I can do.
              BD

              > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
              > and condition.

            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

                > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

                I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                  OK

                  bd

                  > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
                  >
                  >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                  >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                  >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                  >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                  >
                  > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                  > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
                  >

                  > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                • Brian Cirulnick
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                    wrote:

                    > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                    > wrong. :)
                    >
                    > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                    someplace? (All
                    > are welcome, of course.)
                    >

                    > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                    > >
                    > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                    > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                    > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                    > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                    > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                    > >
                    > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                    > >
                    > > ;-)
                    > >
                    > > TTYL
                    > > Brian C.
                    ---------------------------

                    Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                    NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                    Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                    in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                    Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                    consider building my personal computer history museum.

                    TTYL
                    Brian C.
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                      >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                      area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                      get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                      moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                      my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                      history museum.

                      Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                      like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                      >>> building my personal computer history museum

                      Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                      impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                    • Sridhar Ayengar
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                        Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                        > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                        Me too.

                        Peace... Sridhar