Re: Want to get back into this...

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 2, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@... wrote:

      > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
      > bd

      if you want to give away that AIM development system, I'm on my way to
      the airport ...

      Jack
    • Brian Cirulnick
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 3, 2008
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
        <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

        > Is that an open invitation?
        >
        > Just kidding.. Although I know a guy who would jump at
        > that.
        >
        > Anyone doing TCF this year?
        >
        > I haven't gone in a while.
        >
        > --- billdeg@... wrote:
        >
        > > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
        > > bd
        > >

        > > > Until recently, I'd put my vintage computing hobby
        > > on hold, due mainly to
        > > > school and other things that have made my life
        > > crazy. But now, I feel I
        > > > can
        > > > take this on again. Does anyone have an idea as to
        > > where I could pick up
        > > > some basic vintage hardware and software in the NJ
        > > area?

        ---------------------

        I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.

        Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
        Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
        Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
        Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
        occasional thing that I can't readily identify.

        And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?

        ;-)

        TTYL
        Brian C.
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008

          > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
          > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
          > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
          > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
          > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
          >
          > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
          >
          > ;-)

          nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
          Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
          anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
          South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
          bd
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
            Memories!

            I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

            I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
            the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
            Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

            I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

            Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
            people stop me about.

            When I did the training I took all these pictures of
            Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
            companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
            pictures of all the places that closed.

            Weird.

            --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

            > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
            > I'm Brian
            > > Cirulnick, and my website is
            > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
            > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
            > crap also spans
            > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
            > "laptops" and the
            > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
            > >
            > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
            > fill *that* up?
            > >
            > > ;-)
            > >

            > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
            > full of surplus SUN,
            > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
            > 80's early 90's if
            > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
            > prices. Located in
            > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
            > bd

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
              Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
              wrong. :)

              Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
              are welcome, of course.)

              > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
              >
              > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
              > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
              > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
              > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
              > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
              >
              > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
              >
              > ;-)
              >
              > TTYL
              > Brian C.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Kelly Leavitt
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                  I will see what I can do.
                  BD

                  > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
                  > and condition.

                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                    On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

                    > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                    > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                    > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                    > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

                    I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                    in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                      OK

                      bd

                      > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
                      >
                      >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                      >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                      >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                      >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                      >
                      > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                      > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
                      >

                      > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                    • Brian Cirulnick
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                        wrote:

                        > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                        > wrong. :)
                        >
                        > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                        someplace? (All
                        > are welcome, of course.)
                        >

                        > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                        > >
                        > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                        > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                        > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                        > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                        > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                        > >
                        > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                        > >
                        > > ;-)
                        > >
                        > > TTYL
                        > > Brian C.
                        ---------------------------

                        Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                        NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                        Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                        in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                        Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                        consider building my personal computer history museum.

                        TTYL
                        Brian C.
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                          >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                          area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                          get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                          moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                          my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                          history museum.

                          Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                          like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                          >>> building my personal computer history museum

                          Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                          impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                        • Sridhar Ayengar
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                            Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                            > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                            Me too.

                            Peace... Sridhar