Re: [midatlanticretro] Want to get back into this...

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
      Don't forget that the "MA" in MARCH stands for "Mid-Atlantic" ...

      > Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though
      >
      > --Ryan.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > now.
    • jack99rubin
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 2, 2008
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@... wrote:

        > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
        > bd

        if you want to give away that AIM development system, I'm on my way to
        the airport ...

        Jack
      • Brian Cirulnick
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 3, 2008
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
          <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

          > Is that an open invitation?
          >
          > Just kidding.. Although I know a guy who would jump at
          > that.
          >
          > Anyone doing TCF this year?
          >
          > I haven't gone in a while.
          >
          > --- billdeg@... wrote:
          >
          > > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
          > > bd
          > >

          > > > Until recently, I'd put my vintage computing hobby
          > > on hold, due mainly to
          > > > school and other things that have made my life
          > > crazy. But now, I feel I
          > > > can
          > > > take this on again. Does anyone have an idea as to
          > > where I could pick up
          > > > some basic vintage hardware and software in the NJ
          > > area?

          ---------------------

          I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.

          Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
          Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
          Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
          Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
          occasional thing that I can't readily identify.

          And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?

          ;-)

          TTYL
          Brian C.
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008

            > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
            > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
            > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
            > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
            > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
            >
            > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
            >
            > ;-)

            nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
            Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
            anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
            South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
            bd
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
              Memories!

              I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

              I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
              the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
              Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

              I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

              Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
              people stop me about.

              When I did the training I took all these pictures of
              Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
              companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
              pictures of all the places that closed.

              Weird.

              --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
              > I'm Brian
              > > Cirulnick, and my website is
              > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
              > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
              > crap also spans
              > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
              > "laptops" and the
              > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
              > >
              > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
              > fill *that* up?
              > >
              > > ;-)
              > >

              > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
              > full of surplus SUN,
              > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
              > 80's early 90's if
              > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
              > prices. Located in
              > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
              > bd

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                wrong. :)

                Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
                are welcome, of course.)

                > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                >
                > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                >
                > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                >
                > ;-)
                >
                > TTYL
                > Brian C.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Kelly Leavitt
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                    I will see what I can do.
                    BD

                    > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
                    > and condition.

                  • Mike Loewen
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                      On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

                      > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                      > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                      > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                      > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

                      I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                      in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                        OK

                        bd

                        > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
                        >
                        >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                        >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                        >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                        >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                        >
                        > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                        > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
                        >

                        > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                      • Brian Cirulnick
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                          wrote:

                          > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                          > wrong. :)
                          >
                          > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                          someplace? (All
                          > are welcome, of course.)
                          >

                          > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                          > >
                          > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                          > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                          > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                          > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                          > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                          > >
                          > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                          > >
                          > > ;-)
                          > >
                          > > TTYL
                          > > Brian C.
                          ---------------------------

                          Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                          NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                          Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                          in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                          Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                          consider building my personal computer history museum.

                          TTYL
                          Brian C.
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                            >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                            area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                            get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                            moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                            my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                            history museum.

                            Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                            like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                            >>> building my personal computer history museum

                            Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                            impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                          • Sridhar Ayengar
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                              Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                              > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                              Me too.

                              Peace... Sridhar