Re: [midatlanticretro] Want to get back into this...

  • Ryan Harvey
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
      Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though

      --Ryan.

      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
        Don't forget that the "MA" in MARCH stands for "Mid-Atlantic" ...

        > Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though
        >
        > --Ryan.
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > now.
      • jack99rubin
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 2, 2008
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@... wrote:

          > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
          > bd

          if you want to give away that AIM development system, I'm on my way to
          the airport ...

          Jack
        • Brian Cirulnick
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 3, 2008
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
            <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

            > Is that an open invitation?
            >
            > Just kidding.. Although I know a guy who would jump at
            > that.
            >
            > Anyone doing TCF this year?
            >
            > I haven't gone in a while.
            >
            > --- billdeg@... wrote:
            >
            > > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
            > > bd
            > >

            > > > Until recently, I'd put my vintage computing hobby
            > > on hold, due mainly to
            > > > school and other things that have made my life
            > > crazy. But now, I feel I
            > > > can
            > > > take this on again. Does anyone have an idea as to
            > > where I could pick up
            > > > some basic vintage hardware and software in the NJ
            > > area?

            ---------------------

            I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.

            Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
            Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
            Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
            Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
            occasional thing that I can't readily identify.

            And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?

            ;-)

            TTYL
            Brian C.
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008

              > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
              > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
              > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
              > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
              > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
              >
              > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
              >
              > ;-)

              nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
              Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
              anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
              South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
              bd
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                Memories!

                I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

                I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
                the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
                Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

                I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

                Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
                people stop me about.

                When I did the training I took all these pictures of
                Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
                companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
                pictures of all the places that closed.

                Weird.

                --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
                > I'm Brian
                > > Cirulnick, and my website is
                > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
                > crap also spans
                > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
                > "laptops" and the
                > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                > >
                > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
                > fill *that* up?
                > >
                > > ;-)
                > >

                > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
                > full of surplus SUN,
                > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
                > 80's early 90's if
                > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
                > prices. Located in
                > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                > bd

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                  wrong. :)

                  Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
                  are welcome, of course.)

                  > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                  >
                  > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                  > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                  > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                  > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                  > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                  >
                  > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                  >
                  > ;-)
                  >
                  > TTYL
                  > Brian C.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Kelly Leavitt
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                    Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                      I will see what I can do.
                      BD

                      > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
                      > and condition.

                    • Mike Loewen
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                        On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

                        > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                        > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                        > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                        > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

                        I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                        in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

                        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                          OK

                          bd

                          > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
                          >
                          >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                          >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                          >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                          >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                          >
                          > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                          > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
                          >

                          > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                        • Brian Cirulnick
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                            wrote:

                            > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                            > wrong. :)
                            >
                            > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                            someplace? (All
                            > are welcome, of course.)
                            >

                            > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                            > >
                            > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                            > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                            > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                            > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                            > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                            > >
                            > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                            > >
                            > > ;-)
                            > >
                            > > TTYL
                            > > Brian C.
                            ---------------------------

                            Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                            NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                            Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                            in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                            Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                            consider building my personal computer history museum.

                            TTYL
                            Brian C.
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                              >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                              area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                              get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                              moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                              my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                              history museum.

                              Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                              like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                              >>> building my personal computer history museum

                              Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                              impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                            • Sridhar Ayengar
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                                Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                                > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                                Me too.

                                Peace... Sridhar