Re: [midatlanticretro] Want to get back into this...

  • billdeg@degnanco.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
      You have to come get it. Landenberg, PA or Wilmington, DE
      bd

      > Mac SEs, eh? I never thought to look here. I have a Macintosh SE FDHD that
      > needs either a new PSU or PSU board. Would you be willing to let me have
      > one of yours for shipping?
      >
      > --Ryan
      > (CountryRiotNOSPAM@...)
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > now.
    • Ryan Harvey
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
        Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though

        --Ryan.

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
          Don't forget that the "MA" in MARCH stands for "Mid-Atlantic" ...

          > Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though
          >
          > --Ryan.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > now.
        • jack99rubin
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 2, 2008
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@... wrote:

            > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
            > bd

            if you want to give away that AIM development system, I'm on my way to
            the airport ...

            Jack
          • Brian Cirulnick
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 3, 2008
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
              <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

              > Is that an open invitation?
              >
              > Just kidding.. Although I know a guy who would jump at
              > that.
              >
              > Anyone doing TCF this year?
              >
              > I haven't gone in a while.
              >
              > --- billdeg@... wrote:
              >
              > > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
              > > bd
              > >

              > > > Until recently, I'd put my vintage computing hobby
              > > on hold, due mainly to
              > > > school and other things that have made my life
              > > crazy. But now, I feel I
              > > > can
              > > > take this on again. Does anyone have an idea as to
              > > where I could pick up
              > > > some basic vintage hardware and software in the NJ
              > > area?

              ---------------------

              I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.

              Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
              Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
              Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
              Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
              occasional thing that I can't readily identify.

              And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?

              ;-)

              TTYL
              Brian C.
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008

                > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                >
                > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                >
                > ;-)

                nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                bd
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Memories!

                  I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

                  I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
                  the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
                  Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

                  I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

                  Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
                  people stop me about.

                  When I did the training I took all these pictures of
                  Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
                  companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
                  pictures of all the places that closed.

                  Weird.

                  --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
                  > I'm Brian
                  > > Cirulnick, and my website is
                  > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                  > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
                  > crap also spans
                  > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
                  > "laptops" and the
                  > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                  > >
                  > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
                  > fill *that* up?
                  > >
                  > > ;-)
                  > >

                  > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
                  > full of surplus SUN,
                  > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
                  > 80's early 90's if
                  > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
                  > prices. Located in
                  > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                  > bd

                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                    Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                    wrong. :)

                    Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
                    are welcome, of course.)

                    > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                    >
                    > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                    > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                    > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                    > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                    > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                    >
                    > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                    >
                    > ;-)
                    >
                    > TTYL
                    > Brian C.
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Kelly Leavitt
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                      Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                        I will see what I can do.
                        BD

                        > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
                        > and condition.

                      • Mike Loewen
                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                          On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

                          > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                          > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                          > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                          > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

                          I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                          in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

                          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                            OK

                            bd

                            > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
                            >
                            >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                            >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                            >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                            >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                            >
                            > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                            > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
                            >

                            > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                          • Brian Cirulnick
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                              wrote:

                              > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                              > wrong. :)
                              >
                              > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                              someplace? (All
                              > are welcome, of course.)
                              >

                              > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                              > >
                              > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                              > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                              > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                              > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                              > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                              > >
                              > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                              > >
                              > > ;-)
                              > >
                              > > TTYL
                              > > Brian C.
                              ---------------------------

                              Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                              NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                              Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                              in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                              Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                              consider building my personal computer history museum.

                              TTYL
                              Brian C.
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                                >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                                area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                                get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                                moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                                my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                                history museum.

                                Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                                like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                                >>> building my personal computer history museum

                                Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                                impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                              • Sridhar Ayengar
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                                  Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                                  > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                                  Me too.

                                  Peace... Sridhar