Re: [midatlanticretro] Want to get back into this...

  • Ryan Harvey
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
      Mac SEs, eh? I never thought to look here. I have a Macintosh SE FDHD that needs either a new PSU or PSU board. Would you be willing to let me have one of yours for shipping?

      --Ryan
      (CountryRiotNOSPAM@...)

    • billdeg@degnanco.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
        You have to come get it. Landenberg, PA or Wilmington, DE
        bd

        > Mac SEs, eh? I never thought to look here. I have a Macintosh SE FDHD that
        > needs either a new PSU or PSU board. Would you be willing to let me have
        > one of yours for shipping?
        >
        > --Ryan
        > (CountryRiotNOSPAM@...)
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > now.
      • Ryan Harvey
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
          Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though

          --Ryan.

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 1, 2008
            Don't forget that the "MA" in MARCH stands for "Mid-Atlantic" ...

            > Dang. I am in Texas. Got family in central WV, though
            >
            > --Ryan.
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > now.
          • jack99rubin
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 2, 2008
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@... wrote:

              > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
              > bd

              if you want to give away that AIM development system, I'm on my way to
              the airport ...

              Jack
            • Brian Cirulnick
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 3, 2008
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
                <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

                > Is that an open invitation?
                >
                > Just kidding.. Although I know a guy who would jump at
                > that.
                >
                > Anyone doing TCF this year?
                >
                > I haven't gone in a while.
                >
                > --- billdeg@... wrote:
                >
                > > Come down to my house, I can fill up your car
                > > bd
                > >

                > > > Until recently, I'd put my vintage computing hobby
                > > on hold, due mainly to
                > > > school and other things that have made my life
                > > crazy. But now, I feel I
                > > > can
                > > > take this on again. Does anyone have an idea as to
                > > where I could pick up
                > > > some basic vintage hardware and software in the NJ
                > > area?

                ---------------------

                I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.

                Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                occasional thing that I can't readily identify.

                And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?

                ;-)

                TTYL
                Brian C.
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008

                  > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                  > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                  > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                  > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                  > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                  >
                  > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                  >
                  > ;-)

                  nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                  Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                  anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                  South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                  bd
                • Christian Liendo
                  Message 8 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                    Memories!

                    I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

                    I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
                    the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
                    Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

                    I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

                    Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
                    people stop me about.

                    When I did the training I took all these pictures of
                    Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
                    companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
                    pictures of all the places that closed.

                    Weird.

                    --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                    > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
                    > I'm Brian
                    > > Cirulnick, and my website is
                    > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                    > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
                    > crap also spans
                    > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
                    > "laptops" and the
                    > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                    > >
                    > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
                    > fill *that* up?
                    > >
                    > > ;-)
                    > >

                    > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
                    > full of surplus SUN,
                    > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
                    > 80's early 90's if
                    > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
                    > prices. Located in
                    > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                    > bd

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                    Message 9 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                      Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                      wrong. :)

                      Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast someplace? (All
                      are welcome, of course.)

                      > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                      >
                      > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                      > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                      > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                      > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                      > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                      >
                      > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                      >
                      > ;-)
                      >
                      > TTYL
                      > Brian C.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Kelly Leavitt
                      Message 10 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                        Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                          I will see what I can do.
                          BD

                          > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price
                          > and condition.

                        • Mike Loewen
                          Message 12 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                            On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:

                            > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                            > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                            > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                            > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.

                            I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                            in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.

                            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                            Message 13 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                              OK

                              bd

                              > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, B Degnan wrote:
                              >
                              >> nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse full of surplus SUN,
                              >> Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late 80's early 90's if
                              >> anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom prices. Located in
                              >> South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
                              >
                              > I'd be interested in seeing what they have. I have 5 Sun workstations
                              > in my collection: IPC, LX, SS20, Ultra 2 and Ultra 10.
                              >

                              > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                            • Brian Cirulnick
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                                wrote:

                                > Brian, welcome to our group. We have another Bryan but he spells it
                                > wrong. :)
                                >
                                > Do you live near us here in the mid-Atlantic / northeast
                                someplace? (All
                                > are welcome, of course.)
                                >

                                > > I think I'm that "guy".... Hi Chris... I'm on.
                                > >
                                > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi, I'm Brian
                                > > Cirulnick, and my website is http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
                                > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o crap also spans
                                > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old "laptops" and the
                                > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
                                > >
                                > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you fill *that* up?
                                > >
                                > > ;-)
                                > >
                                > > TTYL
                                > > Brian C.
                                ---------------------------

                                Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark
                                NJ area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in
                                Whippany, and get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live
                                in Jersey City, but moved because I needed a garage for all my
                                Volkswagen projects. Of course, my new larger place also allows me to
                                consider building my personal computer history museum.

                                TTYL
                                Brian C.
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 4, 2008
                                  >>> Oh yeah, I'm in the northeast alright (assuming that the NYC/Newark NJ
                                  area counts as northeast). I live in Belleville NJ, work in Whippany, and
                                  get into Manhattan as often as possible. I used to live in Jersey City, but
                                  moved because I needed a garage for all my Volkswagen projects. Of course,
                                  my new larger place also allows me to consider building my personal computer
                                  history museum.

                                  Ah ... Close indeed, I live in Springfield. Let me know anytime that you'd
                                  like to visit our museum!! (I also work near you in Rockaway.)

                                  >>> building my personal computer history museum

                                  Allow me to urge you not to do that. :) I think you'll be suitably
                                  impressed with our MARCH group museum.
                                • Sridhar Ayengar
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 6, 2008
                                    Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                                    > Well, I'd be interested in pics and buying some units depeding on price and condition.

                                    Me too.

                                    Peace... Sridhar