Re: [midatlanticretro] LISP machine mavens out there?

  • billdeg@degnanco.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
      Where are they? I am interested in LISP, but have little practical
      experience.
      Bill

      > Are there any of you on the list who are actively interested in LISP and
      > associated machines?
      >
      > If not, could anybody refer me to folks who are? I recall from once
      > hanging
      > out on the ClassicCmp list for many years that there are a few.
      >
      > Anyway, I know of a lead for some Xerox 1186 machines plus documentation.
      > The lead is somewhat tenuous and the person who has them seems to waffle
      > on
      > actually wanting to dispose of them, but there's a chance. That person
      > contacted me asking if I was interested (can't - way too much stuff here;
      > no money at hand).
      >
      > Please contact me if interested or with contact info of interested folks
      > who indeed are into LISP. Thanks much!
      >
      > -Chris F.
      >
      > NNNN
      >

      > Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
      > Jamestown, NY USA cfandt@...
      > Member of Antique Wireless Association
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • rkushnier
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
        I did some AI programming using a UNIX mainframe with a VI editor
        some years ago. Neat programming language...too many parentheses.

        I believe a subset was available on a MAC.

        Ron
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

          LISP = Lots of Indiscriminately Scattered Parenthesis

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
            On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Bob Applegate wrote:

            > LISP = Lots of Indiscriminately Scattered Parenthesis

            "Lots of Irritating Superfluous Parentheses"

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
              Mike Loewen wrote:
              >> LISP = Lots of Indiscriminately Scattered Parenthesis
              >
              > "Lots of Irritating Superfluous Parentheses"

              Language Infested Severely with Parentheses

              Peace... Sridhar