LISP machine mavens out there?

  • Christian R. Fandt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
      Are there any of you on the list who are actively interested in LISP and
      associated machines?

      If not, could anybody refer me to folks who are? I recall from once hanging
      out on the ClassicCmp list for many years that there are a few.

      Anyway, I know of a lead for some Xerox 1186 machines plus documentation.
      The lead is somewhat tenuous and the person who has them seems to waffle on
      actually wanting to dispose of them, but there's a chance. That person
      contacted me asking if I was interested (can't - way too much stuff here;
      no money at hand).

      Please contact me if interested or with contact info of interested folks
      who indeed are into LISP. Thanks much!

      -Chris F.

      NNNN

      Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
      Jamestown, NY USA cfandt@...
      Member of Antique Wireless Association
        Where are they? I am interested in LISP, but have little practical
        experience.
        Bill

        > Are there any of you on the list who are actively interested in LISP and
        > associated machines?
        >
        > If not, could anybody refer me to folks who are? I recall from once
        > hanging
        > out on the ClassicCmp list for many years that there are a few.
        >
        > Anyway, I know of a lead for some Xerox 1186 machines plus documentation.
        > The lead is somewhat tenuous and the person who has them seems to waffle
        > on
        > actually wanting to dispose of them, but there's a chance. That person
        > contacted me asking if I was interested (can't - way too much stuff here;
        > no money at hand).
        >
        > Please contact me if interested or with contact info of interested folks
        > who indeed are into LISP. Thanks much!
        >
        > -Chris F.
        >
        > NNNN
        >

        > Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
        > Jamestown, NY USA cfandt@...
        > Member of Antique Wireless Association
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • rkushnier
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
          I did some AI programming using a UNIX mainframe with a VI editor
          some years ago. Neat programming language...too many parentheses.

          I believe a subset was available on a MAC.

          Ron
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

            LISP = Lots of Indiscriminately Scattered Parenthesis

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
              On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Bob Applegate wrote:

              > LISP = Lots of Indiscriminately Scattered Parenthesis

              "Lots of Irritating Superfluous Parentheses"

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
                Mike Loewen wrote:
                >> LISP = Lots of Indiscriminately Scattered Parenthesis
                >
                > "Lots of Irritating Superfluous Parentheses"

                Language Infested Severely with Parentheses

                Peace... Sridhar