Feb. 20 @ AT&T

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 23, 2008
      Message
      A minor event ... on Wed., Feb. 20, InfoAge's Steve Goulart and I will be recruiting AT&T employees at their Middletown, N.J. facility where Steve works.  We'll set up a small display in a high-traffic area from about 10:30AM - late afternoon.  Anyone who's interested should let me know...
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
        Message
        Hi everyone, just checking in abou this ... Feb. 20 is a go ... I'm meeting Steve that morning at InfoAge, loading up his van, and then we'll be displaying at AT&T (along with other InfoAge groups) from 10-2(-ish).

        My company allows two "We Care" days per year, which I can take off work and it doesn't count against my time off ... cool.

        Anybody else from MARCH want to participate?  It will be fun to get the attention of AT&T nerds all day!
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
          Damn! I'd love to come, but I don't have the time off school nor $400 for a last minute plane ticket. I suppose those out there with glorious AT&T PC 6300s will be there? Definately a sturdy built PC. So many great things about it, including design, expansion, and a billion other things.

          *sigh* I think I will dial in to a BBS on my 6300 now...

          --Ryan

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
            Message
            Ryan, save your time and money for a trip to the next VCF East.

            (Announcement about this possibly coming very soon!)

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
              I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet power on) that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.  It's just that work thing that might prevent it.
              Bill

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
                Message
                I'll write a note to your asshole boss.

                Oh, wait ... you ARE the boss!

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2008
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
                  power on)
                  > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
                  It's just
                  > that work thing that might prevent it.
                  > Bill
                  ---------------

                  Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
                  sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
                  Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
                  those things was sitting on her coffee table.

                  But that was a looooong time ago....

                  TTYL
                  Brian C.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                    At 04:34 AM 2/5/2008 +0000, you wrote:
                    >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...>
                    >wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I am a very possibly. I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
                    >power on)
                    > > that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
                    >It's just
                    > > that work thing that might prevent it.
                    > > Bill
                    >---------------
                    >
                    >Those AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
                    >sorta' looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
                    >Sys-admining from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
                    >those things was sitting on her coffee table.
                    >
                    >But that was a looooong time ago....

                    It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either. The keyboard is
                    detachable. I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
                    restoration projects. I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
                    HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
                    Hacker Crackdown book.

                    Bill
                  • Christian Liendo
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                      I have some that I am getting rid of.

                      I live in Manhattan so if you are around there, I can
                      meet up with you and give them to ya.

                      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 5, 2008
                        Don't forget we have a 3B2 at InfoAge. I was assured by the donor that it works as is.

                        Jim

                        I am a very possibly.  I have an AT&T UNIX PC (that does not yet
                        >power
                        on)

                        that might be a nice inclusion in the exhibit, and a 6300 too.
                        >It's
                        just

                        that work thing that might prevent it.

                        Bill
                        >---------------
                        >
                        >Those
                        AT&T Unix Pc's... were those the 68000-based machines that
                        >sorta'
                        looked like Amiga 500's? I used to have a friend that did some
                        >Sys-admining
                        from home back about a zillion years ago, and one of
                        >those
                        things was sitting on her coffee table.

                        >But
                        that was a looooong time ago....

                        It's not a box PC, but it's not really a 500 either.  The keyboard is
                        detachable.  I will put up pics at some point, it's about 4th on my list of
                        restoration projects.  I want to complete the UNIX PC before HOPE, and I
                        HOPE to bring it to that because it's the PC referred to often in the
                        Hacker Crackdown book.

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to: