Re: [midatlanticretro] Know of any events related to our hobby this year?

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008

      Here's one that kinda closeby
      Too Many Games,
      Wyomissing, PA, (close to Reading/Harrisburg)
      May 4th
      http://www.toomanygames.com/

      These others are alittle to far , as it's in my neighborhood, .
      But I though I'd mention these for anyone that's interested.
      These are really good shows.

      MidWest Gaming Classic
      Oconomowoc,WI
      Mar.29-30
      http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

      Classic Computing and Gaming show,
      Fairview Park, OH,
      May 24th
      http://www.ccagshow.com/

      Cincinnati Commodore Expo
      http://www.c4expo.org/
      not sure when

      Chicago Commodore Expo
      annually in Sep
      http://www.swrap.org/

      =Dan
      [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

      B. Degnan wrote:
      Hi all...I am putting together an event calendar for 2008.  If you know of
      any interesting events this year from CT to VA, let me know.  This does not
      mean that we can sponsor or attend them all, but it does not hurt to
      ask/suggest.

      So far for sure, MARCH will be involved in some capacity at the following:
      April 26/27 - Trenton Computer Festival
      July 18-20 HOPE convention (pick date(s))

      We are still setting the date for a "big event" and others.

      -Bill Degnan

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
        I think $100 is to much, I found both of mine on the
        street, but if you are interested

        http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/sys/549155836.html

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
          Hi, are you new to MARCH? I don't recognize your name / email ...
          Introduction please...

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
            Opps Sorry

            Hi..

            Christian Liendo

            I live in NYC

            I went to the VCF East in 2006

            I like old computers, My 1st was a Timex Sinclair
            1000, I think that was back in 1981.

            I have the following

            Two IBM 5150s
            Commodore PET 8032 (in original box untouched)
            KayPro II
            Apple II Plus
            Apple Pippin
            Timex Sinclair 1000

            I have many old various magazines.

            Er... Other than that, not much.

            I saw that you guys were interested in old computers
            and I was like, cool..

            --- Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

            > Hi, are you new to MARCH? I don't recognize your
            > name / email ...
            > Introduction please...

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
              Hey Chris. I have never seen a PET 8032 in the original box
              before. Where did you get it? We as a group plan to go to the HOPE
              convention at the Hotel Pennsylvania in July. Maybe you could help with
              our exhibit (once we decide what it will be)
              Bill

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
                Dan,

                Interesting list. These events seem rather commercial compared to VCF. Since we don't really compete with these events, maybe there's an opportunity to advertise at these shows.

                Jim