Re: [midatlanticretro] was Kim-1 info now GEOS..now GUI

  • evan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2005
      It's easy to find Lisa II (and later) systems, but the original Lisa is
      extremely rare. Recently one sold on eBay for roughly 10K.

      --- Dan <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I recall the Apple Lisa being the first home computer system with a GUI,
      > the precursor to the Macintosh. This is one machine I'm still looking
      > out for to add to my collection.
      >
      > Dan
      >
      > billdeg@... wrote:
      >
      > > [snip]
      > >
      > > The oldest GUI I ever used was an old Xerox system when I worked at
      > > IBM in the 80's (do not have one now). An interesting exhibit for the
      > > TCF or VCF would be "primitive GUI's." I have an Apple II GS with a
      > > GUI, but this is newer. I don't know as much about earlier Apple
      > > GUI's. I assume that their earlies GUI beat GEOS to the market?
      > >
      > > Back in the day I was a DOS man and did not care for early GUI's that
      > > much. Loaded it, played with it, put it away. DOS was more productive
      > > until Windows 98. I admit that I still use DOS daily in my job
      > > (programming/server support)
      > >
      > > bill
      > > vintagecomputer.net

      =====
      Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

      *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
      - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
      - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
      - 684 readers and counting!
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 20, 2005
        Well, that'll bust my budget 100 times over, -ouch-

        Dan

      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 2005
          Dan
          Thanks.
          Here is a good web site for GEOS history
          http://www.commodore.ca/history/company/turks_geos.htm
          Basically is was many years newer.